• QuadraphonicQuad welcomes you and encourages your participation! Treat all members with respect. Please keep all discussions civil, even when you have a strong opinion on a particular topic.

Do not offer for free, offer for sale, offer for trade, or request copies or files of copyrighted material - no matter how rare or unavailable to the public they might be. We do not condone the illegal sharing of music. There are many places on the internet where you can participate in such transactions, but QuadraphonicQuad is not one of them. We are here to encourage and support new multichannel releases from those companies that still provide them and as such the distribution of illegal copies of recordings is counter-productive to that effort. Any posts of this sort will be deleted without notification.

Please try to avoid discussions that pit one format against another. Hint for new users: make liberal use of the search facilities here at QuadraphonicQuad. Our message base is an incredibly rich resource of detailed information on virtually all topics pertaining to surround-sound. You will be surprised at what you can find with a little digging!

Ripping Blu Ray

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

Ninecats

701 Club - QQ All-Star
Would it be possible to enable MMH as an app for media players? Or is it too much of an computer-ish program?

HomerJAU

Moderator: MCH Media Players
Staff member
Would it be possible to enable MMH as an app for media players? Or is it too much of an computer-ish program?
Possibly, depending on the operating system. You would need a fairly powerful processor but most modern players should be ok, especially Intel NUCs running Linux. It would be quite a programming job though!

Maybe the best way to do a platform independent version would be to do a web based UI with a few programs installed locally on the device. The UI would be almost same for each just making calls to do the work.

The difficulty for me now is the UI. I’ve coded everything in .NET (Windows) which has become open recently with .NET Core releases (Windows, MAC, Linux compatible) but there’s no UI components outside Windows.

I should get my son involved. He’s a pro developer working for a stock market analyst company here in MEL. It’s all web based. He’d knock it over in no time. (Young family and works 50hrs a week though). He’s into his music, just bought a new 5.1 system. I’ll have a chat, even just to get some advise...

Ninecats

701 Club - QQ All-Star
It’s really impressive to see your devotion in this. I suppose a web based ui could work on most media players. Anyway thanks for your effort!

GOS

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Possibly, depending on the operating system. You would need a fairly powerful processor but most modern players should be ok, especially Intel NUCs running Linux. It would be quite a programming job though!

Maybe the best way to do a platform independent version would be to do a web based UI with a few programs installed locally on the device. The UI would be almost same for each just making calls to do the work.

The difficulty for me now is the UI. I’ve coded everything in .NET (Windows) which has become open recently with .NET Core releases (Windows, MAC, Linux compatible) but there’s no UI components outside Windows.

I should get my son involved. He’s a pro developer working for a stock market analyst company here in MEL. It’s all web based. He’d knock it over in no time. (Young family and works 50hrs a week though). He’s into his music, just bought a new 5.1 system. I’ll have a chat, even just to get some advise...

Hmmm - wish I worked 50 hours per week. lmao
Effing agriculture anyway......

ar surround

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
QQ Supporter
I’m still looking at having a go at doing something on a MAC. It will be a deep learning curve and some tools will be easier than others to convert but I’ll give it a go in early 2019. Probably start with the easier tools which will include convert MKV to FLAC, resampling and modifying channel layouts. I’ll put a call out here on QQ for testers.
I'd be a happy to be a QQ guinea pig on a Mac version of MMH if you'd like.

marpow

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
I am ripping now the Blu Ray of Aryeon Universe, 32 chapters, MKV to MMH, no problem. I was irritated when MKV let me know of a upgrade or whatever and i would need to purchase a key within 30 days, again no problem, but Homer it would be nice to get an email in advance so at the moment you are ready to rip I am not bogged down with logistics that I was unaware of.

marpow

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
I have no control or anything to do with MakeMKV.

If there’s an update to MMH it should happen automatically via a download. No keys to enter etc either.
OK, I thought you had business with MKV and MMH, all good, thanks for clarifying.

Marplot

400 Club - QQ All-Star
They roll the key about 45-60 days at a time. Just paste in the new one and restart. Usually every 3rd key has an update worth installing. At least that is how it has felt the last 2 years

marpow

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
They roll the key about 45-60 days at a time. Just paste in the new one and restart. Usually every 3rd key has an update worth installing. At least that is how it has felt the last 2 years
OK, good to know, and thank you.

Group builder