Ripping of SACDs

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well having retired and bought a used Sony BDP S390 i'm going to have a bash on this ripping lark.
Good luck Bayards. You might have a few teething problems but you will get there and it will be worth it. There are some kind and helpful people on here if you get stuck. I also use Media Monkey for playback on my PC (and Kodi on a Pi for playing into my amp).

I gave Pine Player (on a Mac) a try after reading about it in a magazine last night.

Unless there’s a setting I’m missing (or a Mac issue when connected to the AVR), I can’t get multichannel from an ISO. (Or a multichannel FLAC or DSF.) VLC works with multichannel for me, so I’m guessing it’s a Pine issue.

I tried the recent Toto IV and Santana’s Caravanserai quad. There seems to be no way to choose between stereo and multichannel. You only get two-channel. I know they're in the ISO because I’m able to export both using TraX.

Certainly nice that it plays an ISO file in general, but I’ll still hang onto TraX get multichannel files out of the ISO.

I gave Pine Player (on a Mac) a try after reading about it in a magazine last night.

Unless there’s a setting I’m missing (or a Mac issue when connected to the AVR), I can’t get multichannel from an ISO. (Or a multichannel FLAC or DSF.) VLC works with multichannel for me, so I’m guessing it’s a Pine issue.

I tried the recent Toto IV and Santana’s Caravanserai quad. There seems to be no way to choose between stereo and multichannel. You only get two-channel. I know they're in the ISO because I’m able to export both using TraX.

Certainly nice that it plays an ISO file in general, but I’ll still hang onto TraX get multichannel files out of the ISO.
This is what I use to generate dsf files from the ISOs:

https://www.sonore.us/iso2dsd.html
It lets you choose stereo or multichannel. You have to run it twice to get both.

ETA: Nevermind, it's been mentioned on this thread before.

This is what I use to generate dsf files from the ISOs:

https://www.sonore.us/iso2dsd.html
It lets you choose stereo or multichannel. You have to run it twice to get both.

ETA: Nevermind, it's been mentioned on this thread before.
I’ve been pretty happy with TraX for getting DFS from ISO. It will export both stereo and multi at the same time.

The only trouble I have is with most MoFi SACDs. Very strange that many of them fail extraction from ISO, but any other SACD (so far) seems to work fine. Don’t know if it’s something with the MoFi discs, or something with the script used to extract the ISO from my SACD player.

Hi,

So, about 1.5 years after creating this thread, I've finally found a compatible and well-priced Blu-Ray player, here in Denmark, Sony BDP-S6200. However, I still have a few questions.
Do anyone here have experiences with this specific model? Is there anything I schould keep in mind?

Also, I got a little confused about the talk about a display earlier in the thread. Do the player have a build-in display, used to go through the set up process in the menu, or do I need to connect an external display for this?
Last, do anyone here know if SACDExtractGUI is even accessible with a screen reader. I forgot to write this in my original post so long ago, but I'm blind and use a screen reader in order to use my computer. I am expecting to need sited help to configure the player itself, but I wondered if anyone has tried SACDExtractGUI with a screen reader? If it isn't accessible, I guess I'll have to learn to use the command line version.

The sony BDP 6200 is best used with a flat screen attached, at least for set up. After you have it configured to do SACD ripping it does not need the screen anymore.

The SACD ExtractGUI is accessed via a computer while the USB stick is plugged in. You configure it and then plug it into the SONY. If you want to change anything you need to go back to the computer.

There is a a thread over at HiFi Haven which covers this and the moderator of that thread whose handle is Mikey Fresh , knows more about this subject than anyone and famously will expertly help anyone get over bumps that people run into.

https://hifihaven.org/index.php?threads/rip-sacd-with-a-blu-ray-player.3652/

LOL! Never thought I"d have to search for a thread about ripping SACD. I've been doing it flawlessly for years and years via my Oppo, and Sonore iso2dsd.
The only thing that is different from last time I did this is I have a new wifi router. Still using ethernet to Oppo, the connection works just fine. Went into new router, found the correct IP address for the oppo, edited the iso2dsd...yet getting this error.

1698254164053.png

Back