Ripping of SACDs

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did but it seems to only want to connect using the WPS function. I'm not seeing were it lets me log in using my password. I've recently switched to Google fiber and don't see where I can connect using the WPS function.
Normally there is a WPS button on a Router, you push that having selected the WPS option on the equipment, your router than sends the necessary code to the equipment. I'd go the Ethernet route if you can though, much more reliable.

I did but it seems to only want to connect using the WPS function. I'm not seeing were it lets me log in using my password. I've recently switched to Google fiber and don't see where I can connect using the WPS function.
If Ethernet is simply not an option due to placement issues, and the WPS doesn't seem to work, then skip both it and also the Manual option presented in the OSD Menu, and just arrow down to highlight and select your network SSID, press the right arrow key on the remote (or center button IR Enter) then submit your WiFi password (called WPA key). Keep progressing by hitting the right-hand arrow on the IR remote until the setup is complete.

You could also directly connect the Sony to your computer via an Ethernet port. I don't know whether you would use a regular ethernet cable or one similar to a null modem cable which I think does exist (which is necessary if you don't stick a switch of some kind in between. Which you could also do.)
Crossover Cable as mentioned below. I couldn't think of it's proper name. Null modem is only for serial.

Last edited:
You could also directly connect the Sony to your computer via an Ethernet port. I don't know whether you would use a regular ethernet cable or one similar to a null modem cable which I think does exist (which is necessary if you don't stick a switch of some kind in between. Which you could also do.)
Well a null modem cable from what I remember requires rs232 ports on both pc's. But you should be able to use a standard ethernet cable between 2 pc's to share files, etc. How that applies to the Sony I confess I just don't know, i.e. if it will work like a pc does.

you normally need a crossover cable for PC to PC to avoid collision due to their both transmitting on pair 2 and receiving on pair 3.
If you have a crimping tool and end, it is easy to clip one side and make one; but as you can see they are rather cheap to purchase

https://www.amazon.com/Tripp-Lite-3...x=ethernet+crossover+cable,aps,76&sr=8-3&th=1
Thanks for clarifying that. Many years ago I remember using the old "null modem" rs232 cable but no real experience via ethernet port.
I took some Cisco courses years ago, and have crimped a few cables over the years but just don't remember everything these days.

Normally there is a WPS button on a Router, you push that having selected the WPS option on the equipment, your router than sends the necessary code to the equipment. I'd go the Ethernet route if you can though, much more reliable.
They're no buttons on theses, everything is done in an app although I don't see it there either. Google customer service might be the solution.

They're no buttons on theses, everything is done in an app although I don't see it there either. Google customer service might be the solution.
Blow off WPS and just follow the instructions I provided above, it's very easy if you have the IR remote, you know the name of your network (the SSID), and your password.

According to this the router has four ethernet ports - just plug the player into one of them using a regular ethernet patch cable: About your Network Box (GFRG100, GFRG110) - Google Fiber Help. The player shouldn't need to be connected to a display for ripping to work.
Or that, preferable actually, though you do need the display at least initially to do any network setup with a Sony. Just plugging an Ethernet cable in doesn't work, you still have to go through the process even for wired setup.

Late to the party, I know, but FYI virtually any remotely modern computer's Ethernet should support auto MDI-X, so a crossover adapter would not be necessary.
I see you're new around these parts, Stranger. 🤠
Welcome.
You may not have fully grasped the demographics of the membership here.
No limit to the age of gear, media etc. or extreme thrift of us boomers who didn't make a killing in the stock market.
Just sayin'. ;)

Back