Ripping SACDs to stream through Kodi - advice needed!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BTW... it wasn't only ISO to FLAC in foobar that has the 00:00 duration issue as I stated 2 posts back. Even DSF to FLAC has the problem if converted by foobar. It is just that I updated foobar in between those conversions which confused me. Sometimes updating software creates more problems ....

If you're comfortable with the command line, you might want to try using SoX to do the conversion:
https://www.audiofaidate.org/sw/sox-dsd/
It's completely understandable if you'd rather not, though.

You might also try Utilities->Verify Integrity in Foobar.

Weird as it probably sounds, you might also try having Foobar convert your existing FLAC files to new ones. Just use the normal built-in Foobar convert function to convert from FLAC to FLAC and see if the new files behave better.

The loud crackle at end of DSF tracks is fixed in Kodi V18 (Leia) just released last week

Thanks for the heads up. Just updated and all was smooth. Only minor detail was I had to update the Confluence skin under the add-on section because it wouldn't update under the usual skin section under interface.

edit...also, UPnP is disabled after update, had to turn that back on.

Last edited:
Reactions: GOS
Confluence is no longer the default skin (I don’t think they’re working on it anymore) and has been replaced by Estuary. The good news for music lovers is Estuary supports the ArtistSlideShow add-on. You’ll probably have to install the slideshow from Kodi repository though.

There’s a few little glitches in video in 18.0 but fixes are on the way with 18.1

Confluence is no longer the default skin (I don’t think they’re working on it anymore) and has been replaced by Estuary. The good news for music lovers is Estuary supports the ArtistSlideShow add-on. You’ll probably have to install the slideshow from Kodi repository though.

There’s a few little glitches in video in 18.0 but fixes are on the way with 18.1

I configured my Harmony hub remote to work using Windows 10 and Eventghost and Confluence just seems like a more streamlined skin, visually.
I should probably get used to the other ones if it isn't going to be supported going forward. Thanks.

Give Estuary a go. It’s quite nice.

I still use Aeon Nox Silvo but that’s not a standard repository skin so you have to download the Silvo repository first then install from that.

Give Estuary a go. It’s quite nice.

I still use Aeon Nox Silvo but that’s not a standard repository skin so you have to download the Silvo repository first then install from that.

On my 42 inch it seems a bit compacted vs Confluence but it is probably just what I am used to...functionally it feels the same.

I have been using Plex for server, with Kodi on PC and Plex app on TiVo for playback. For local video, it is working nearly perfect.

Back