Ripping Tools

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cupboy

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Yes, there will be a domestic release.
Currently I think it's only available here: http://elp.merchnow.com/products/201612/trilogy-deluxe-edition-3cd
But there should be other domestic retailers that put it up for preorder sooner than later.

This follows the usual procedure for these ELP deluxe reissues. Sony releases them first, and then Razor & Tie put out their identical version like a month or so later.

That's a pretty good price on that site. Too late for me though, I already ordered from amazon.uk since I was ordering Rollerball (original, not remake) on Blu-ray and it's already "dispatched".

Sure looks funny to see a dvd-audio logo right next to a Sony logo. Sony are such losers. Won't even use a format they invented.

So how complicated would it be to rip dvd-audio so I can play it on this jRiver thingie? Probably too costly I would guess.

That's a pretty good price on that site. Too late for me though, I already ordered from amazon.uk since I was ordering Rollerball (original, not remake) on Blu-ray and it's already "dispatched".

Sure looks funny to see a dvd-audio logo right next to a Sony logo. Sony are such losers. Won't even use a format they invented.

So how complicated would it be to rip dvd-audio so I can play it on this jRiver thingie? Probably too costly I would guess.
Dvd audio extractor will do the trick.

Ripping tools:

MakeMKV for BluRay

Cross-platform. Constantly updated. I have been able to decrypt and rip every BluRay I tried with it so far. A great way to watch my BluRays on Linux! Also, if you're a Linux user, you get it for free! Otherwise, it's 70 bucks. Sorry, corporate world ;-)

http://www.makemkv.com/

DVD Audio Extractor for DVD-A and decrypted BluRay

Cross-platform. Brilliant tool. All you really need. You can rip any stream, save as demuxed (e.g. DTS streams as .dts files), encode to FLAC at your favourite bitrates, encode to OGG and so on. Costs 40 bucks and is worth every single cent.

http://www.dvdae.com/

DVD-Audio Explorer for DVD-A

Windows only. Freeware. Discontinued since 2008. Does the trick!

http://www.videohelp.com/software/DVD-Audio-Explorer

Xrecode to recode files, merge

Windows only. Recode from any format to any other format. I love that it can merge files. That way, you can merge that rip you made of the Alan Parsons "Dark Side of the Moon" mix into one file, so you don't have to endure dropouts between the tracks anymore. Regularly updated. Costs 15 bucks.

http://xrecode.com/

foobar2000 with foo input dvda component add-on should handle this task in literally "one click" operation.

foobar2000 with foo input dvda component add-on should handle this task in literally "one click" operation.

It's not going to be 1 click but still simple enough.

:mad:@: c'mon, if one done preset (format to save, tagging, save directory) how many more clicks he/she needs

To say foobar2000 is a 1 click solution for someone who most likely doesn't even have the dvd-audio component installed is disingenuous. That is all.

MakeMKV is no longer working for me to rip Blu-Rays to my computer and then create WAV files from the audio streams in order to create a DVD-A for Acura use.

Any other good Blu-Ray ripping tools that can get the job done with newer Blu-Rays that have newer and more advanced copy protection schemes?

MakeMKV is no longer working for me to rip Blu-Rays to my computer and then create WAV files from the audio streams in order to create a DVD-A for Acura use.

Any other good Blu-Ray ripping tools that can get the job done with newer Blu-Rays that have newer and more advanced copy protection schemes?

That's not good news!

What did they say? Are they asking for an additional fee starting with the next round of copy protection codes? Or are they closing down their app?

If anyone from a record distribution company is reading this - this is how you get returns! :(

I've been using AnyDVD with DVD audio extractor... so far, so good, but I havn't tried to rip any recent Blu-rays.

Newer Blu-Rays like "Amused to Death" and "Hand. Cannot. Erase." I have not been able to rip through MakeMKV.
Never tried AnyDVD cause my free trial of it expired several years ago.

Looks like I solved my own problem, and it had to do with the fact that I was running MakeMKV version 1.9.0, and by downloading version 1.9.4 (released on June 12, 2015), it looks like I can now rip Blu-Rays again without an issue, as I'm now ripping the latest Blu-Ray of "Amused to Death" to my Windows computer. :)

Looks like I solved my own problem, and it had to do with the fact that I was running MakeMKV version 1.9.0, and by downloading version 1.9.4 (released on June 12, 2015), it looks like I can now rip Blu-Rays again without an issue, as I'm now ripping the latest Blu-Ray of "Amused to Death" to my Windows computer. :)

Blood pressure returning to normal...

Thank you for posting back! :)

Back