Riverside "Wasteland" (New Deluxe Edition with 4.1 surround DVD!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh dear, it doesn't bode well for being any good. Dolby and only 16bit? Not only that but we've no idea who mixed it either.

Also what the hell is Dolby LCPM? Quality control on this looks lacking so far...

Back cover (looks like Dolby audio only):
71DVga1NSSL._SL1200_.jpg

(n)
Somebody straighten my tie here. I see the DVD video logo which I thought was a 16 bit format. How can the same disc also contain a 24 bit format.

No, don't have it yet, but I took my info on hiresedition reviews who unfortunately don't give much info on the mix.:
here
Good to know we have some Xmas cheer to look forward to!!! :unsure: :QQlove
Quote:
The main theme of Wasteland is the attempt to survive in a world after an Apocalypse, with references to this in a few lyrics and song titles.

Be careful if you pre-ordered this through Amazon UK. I was charged £19.86 yesterday under their pre-order price guarantee but it's on their site today (release day) for £15.88. If you are charged the higher rate make sure that you contact Amazon for a refund.

Riverside
Wasteland

This one is growing on me after a slow start.
The mix totally suits this release.
Very thoughtful, as is the music.

My opinion:
Have no fears folks, to my ears, it's a little smasher. Not Wilson esk but not a 'wont play again dud, either'.
I rate it between 8.5 and 9 so far.

Price is reduced on Amazon UK
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07XW6SWC6/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Hope you don't mind me throwing your comment in here as saw you post in listening thread and thought it would be good to have here so people looking for comments don't lose out on your comment. I really like this album and wish it was more than DD but if mix is done right it will still be a plus and you have eased my fear about thie mix, HOORAH.

Is it really a 4.1 and not a 5.1?

Hope you don't mind me throwing your comment in here as saw you post in listening thread and thought it would be good to have here so people looking for comments don't lose out on your comment. I really like this album and wish it was more than DD but if mix is done right it will still be a plus and you have eased my fear about thie mix, HOORAH.

Is it really a 4.1 and not a 5.1?
Not at all, good idea to spread the gospel!!
Ooh, as for the channels used in the mix, good question, fairly sure it's a 5.1 but will need to double check. As I only saw the Dolby mix come up on my Marantz receiver with a 5.1 configuration showing, I think!! :unsure:

Back