Riverside "Wasteland" (New Deluxe Edition with 4.1 surround DVD!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rtbluray

Hi-Res Moderator
Staff member
QQ Supporter
From Burning Shed: https://burningshed.com/riverside_wasteland_cd-dvd

An expanded 2CD/1DVD edition of Riverside's seventh studio album, Wasteland (from 2018).

The band's first as a trio following the tragic death of co-founder and guitarist Piotr Grudziński in 2016, it represented a new beginning and a new creative height.

This edition comes with a hi-res stereo 24bit version and a surround mix (4.1), plus three video clips. Additionally it contains five previously unreleased acoustic tracks/versions on a separate disc.

CD 1 - "Wasteland” Album (50:58):

1. The Day After (01:48)
2. Acid Rain (06:03)
3. Vale Of Tears (04:49)
4. Guardian Angel (04:24)
5. Lament (06:09)
6. The Struggle For Survival (09:32)
7. River Down Below (05:41)
8. Wasteland (08:25)
9. The Night Before (03:59)

CD 2 – “Acoustic Session” (26:48):

1. Vale Of Tears - Acoustic (5:18)
2. Out Of Myself - Acoustic (3:57)
3. 02 Panic Room - Acoustic (3:26)
4. River Down Below - Acoustic (5:01)
5. Wasteland - Live Intro (9:00)

DVD (122:20):

"Wasteland” Hi-Res Stereo (50:58):

1. The Day After (Hi-Res Stereo) (01:48)
2. Acid Rain (Hi-Res Stereo) (06:03)
3. Vale Of Tears (Hi-Res Stereo) (04:49)
4. Guardian Angel (Hi-Res Stereo) (04:24)
5. Lament (Hi-Res Stereo) (06:09)
6. The Struggle For Survival (Hi-Res Stereo) (09:32)
7. River Down Below (Hi-Res Stereo) (05:41)
8. Wasteland (Hi-Res Stereo) (08:25)
9. The Night Before (Hi-Res Stereo) (03:59)

"Wasteland” Surround Mix (50:58):

1. The Day After (Surround Mix) (01:48)
2. Acid Rain (Surround Mix) (06:03)
3. Vale Of Tears (Surround Mix) (04:49)
4. Guardian Angel (Surround Mix) (04:24)
5. Lament (Surround Mix) (06:09)
6. The Struggle For Survival (Surround Mix) (09:32)
7. River Down Below (Surround Mix) (05:41)
8. Wasteland (Surround Mix) (08:25)
9. The Night Before (Surround Mix) (03:59)

Video-Clips (20:24)

1. Lament (Official Video) (06:11)
2. River Down Below (Official Video) (05:40)
3. Wasteland (Official Video) (08:33)

RiversideWastelandDVD.jpg

They're an excellent band. I would suggest you check out their entire discography, but you'll definitely want to pick up the 5.1 of Love, Fear, and the Time Machine

I second the recommendation. Brice Soord did a awesome job mixing of the previous album and it was on Dvd Audio as well.

Wasteland is a really good album so sure hope they got someone good mixing it.

I second the recommendation. Brice Soord did a awesome job mixing of the previous album and it was on Dvd Audio as well.

Yes, I'm hoping this isn't another Opeth situation where we go from Steven Wilson and Bruce Soord mixing to whatever abomination Sorceress was...

I'm going to try to be optimistic though! Hopefully, Riverside responds to the FB inquiries.

For me this is an instant pre-order.

At the very least I'll get a stereo version of the album (both on CD and Hi-rez), which I should have anyway (and don't), plus I'll get the bonus acoustic set and music videos. After that, any sort of well-done surround mix is just icing on the cake. All for $21 shipped.

Last edited:
For me this is an instant pre-order.

At the very least I'll get a stereo version of the album (both on CD and Hi-rez), which I should have anyway (and don't), plus I'll get the bonus acoustic set and music videos. After that, any sort of well-done surround mix is just icing on the cake. All for $21 shipped.
That slightly pisses me off, as I bought the CD on release date. At the moment, I had zero hopes for any more Riverside in 5.1.

Yes, I'm hoping this isn't another Opeth situation where we go from Steven Wilson and Bruce Soord mixing to whatever abomination Sorceress was...

I'm going to try to be optimistic though! Hopefully, Riverside responds to the FB inquiries.

I have more faith in Burning Shed InsideOut (thanks von kulper) than to scam people like Nuclear Blast did with Sorceress. To be fair Opeth is equally to blame for that as well, and I'm not sure they'll ever be able to recover for me (I didn't buy "Garden of the Titans" and I'm unlikely to purchase "In Cauda Venenum" because of what happened with Sorceress).

Riverside has never let me down though, and this was an instant pre-order for me. I'm a little concerned about this being released as a 4.1 mix though (why?).

Last edited:
I have more faith in Burning Shed than to scam people like Nuclear Blast did with Sorceress. To be fair Opeth is equally to blame for that as well, and I'm not sure they'll ever be able to recover for me (I didn't buy "Garden of the Titans" and I'm unlikely to purchase "In Cauda Venenum" because of what happened with Sorceress).

Riverside has never let me down though, and this was an instant pre-order for me. I'm a little concerned about this being released as a 4.1 mix though (why?).

I think by Burning Shed you probably mean Insideout, Riverside's music label. I doubt Burning Shed has much say over the final product and mixing engineers, but I get your point. Insideout is a quality label, for sure, but they don't have much history with surround releases. Even a label as versed in surround as Kscope continually makes bone-headed decisions about their surround releases, and they should have this shit down by now. So with this release I am feeling, hmmm... cautiously optimistic.

The 4.1 also has me feeling a little apprehensive because it kind of implies that whoever this mystery mixing engineer is, maybe he's a... newb? His first surround rodeo? Maybe doesn't know what he's doing? It's an odd choice and certainly not the standard. Again, cautiously optimistic!

And yes, I direct the majority of my ire at Opeth over Sorceress!

Last edited:

I LOVE that Love, Fear, and the Time Machine album and play the DVD-A in the car just about every time I drive north (90 min each way) to make the beer run!

did you guys received any answers to who mixed this set? Thanks.

Rob, nothing that I have seen on facebook but the band has still been touring.
I will purchase the deluxe as curious about the acoustic songs they have included.
The surround would be the icing on the cake though. Sure hope they got someone good to do it.

Back