Riverside "Wasteland" (New Deluxe Edition with 4.1 surround DVD!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Uhmm, I got this one today and I played it right after the last Soord's album and Djabe's. All this will be yours sounded great, despite I'm still looking for being impressed by the bass heavy mix. Djabe's is exceptionally good and Wasteland in Dolby is just average, compared with the other two. It kind of sounds muted and you have to quite raise the volume to enjoy it. The mix is very front heavy and although discrete, it leaves you wanting to hear more activity in the rears. I need to listen again perhaps increasing the volume of the rears. Not as good Love, Fear and the Time Machine, that's for sure

Well, got my copy today and was so looking forward to the surround mix and I feel pretty let down. I agree with Cesar as it sounded muted or just BLAH. This should have been epic as the songs deserve it. I absolutely love these songs as example song Lament starts with just soft singing and delicate guitar and then just before 1 minute mark the whole band kicks in and its got some great bottom end and then the song shifts back and forth between soft and a a few heavier parts. On the 4.0 when it goes to the whole band part it just sounds like a bland whimper to me.

Have those that have this release compared the stereo hi res to the 4.0. I feel more of the WOW moment's in the hi res stereo then the 4.0 surround.

The Bruce Soord second solo surround blows this Riverside surround away by a long way. So wish they had Bruce Soord do this album in surround, a missed opportunity by Riverside or their management or whoever made this decision.

Well, got my copy today and was so looking forward to the surround mix and I feel pretty let down. I agree with Cesar as it sounded muted or just BLAH. This should have been epic as the songs deserve it. I absolutely love these songs as example song Lament starts with just soft singing and delicate guitar and then just before 1 minute mark the whole band kicks in and its got some great bottom end and then the song shifts back and forth between soft and a a few heavier parts. On the 4.0 when it goes to the whole band part it just sounds like a bland whimper to me.

Have those that have this release compared the stereo hi res to the 4.0. I feel more of the WOW moment's in the hi res stereo then the 4.0 surround.

The Bruce Soord second solo surround blows this Riverside surround away by a long way. So wish they had Bruce Soord do this album in surround, a missed opportunity by Riverside or their management or whoever made this decision.
May need to break out a DAW and spice it up a bit!- Anybody know where this can be ordered in the USA with in stock fulfillment now?

Ugh...

Now I wish my missing copy would just not show up and I get a refund. Yikes......

Gene, its still a good release as you do get the Hires stereo,3 video's and I haven't even checked out the acoustic songs yet in stereo which came with this release. Not sure why they didn't give those in hi res as well on the Dvd.

Maybe I was expecting to much from this one as having seen Riverside live this summer and playing many of these new songs it was very powerful and dynamic and sometimes you can get that same sound on a surround release but on first listen i did not get that feeling, maybe on next listen if I crank it a bit more on the receiver as it is a very quiet sounding mix on this DD Dvd.

Gene, its still a good release as you do get the Hires stereo,3 video's and I haven't even checked out the acoustic songs yet in stereo which came with this release. Not sure why they didn't give those in hi res as well on the Dvd.

Maybe I was expecting to much from this one as having seen Riverside live this summer and playing many of these new songs it was very powerful and dynamic and sometimes you can get that same sound on a surround release but on first listen i did not get that feeling, maybe on next listen if I crank it a bit more on the receiver as it is a very quiet sounding mix on this DD Dvd.
Yeah. I'll for sure give it a chance, with open mind. To be fair, I've never been a huge Riverside fan.......for me, it sometimes puts me to sleep. But, I want to like them, and I try to purchase multi-channel music when it's close to my liking.

Same here....they have not responded to my email.

Burning Shed will ask you to wait, wait, wait... That's why I am always frustrated to order from the UK, it could take 2 months.

May need to break out a DAW and spice it up a bit!- Anybody know where this can be ordered in the USA with in stock fulfillment now?
I got a copy before Christmas from ImportCD, but decided to give it as a gift. I'll get another copy for me but I'm waiting for In Absentia to order. It's showing as in stock in my cart, so I assume they still have it. Price is right, too. I like to wait and order multiple items from ImportCd to ensure they have to use a box. Not a fan of the padded envelope! :mad:

Well I couldn't even get Burningshed to return my email and now their website is showing the title 'out-of-stock'.

I went ahead and reordered through LaserCD for $23 shipped. Should have gone that route in the first place I guess.

This is too bad as I've always tried to support Burningshed even when they were a bit higher than Amazon or such. Now they will be the last place I turn to for an order.

I'm starting to not have faith that I'll receive mine from Shed. NO tracking, no dice. They finally got back to my email and basically kicked the ball down the court. This sucks......
For me it's mainly about supporting a group that puts out new surround music; I also like the music, so it'll be welcomed with open arms once I do get it into my grubby little paws 🤗

Well I couldn't even get Burningshed to return my email and now their website is showing the title 'out-of-stock'.

I went ahead and reordered through LaserCD for $23 shipped. Should have gone that route in the first place I guess.

This is too bad as I've always tried to support Burningshed even when they were a bit higher than Amazon or such. Now they will be the last place I turn to for an order.
I am in the same boat as you. After receiving no reply to two emails the BS, I filed a claim through PayPal three days ago and have received three emails from the Shed since. I'm hopeful things will be resolved. Peace

I am in the same boat as you. After receiving no reply to two emails the BS, I filed a claim through PayPal three days ago and have received three emails from the Shed since. I'm hopeful things will be resolved. Peace
Ohhhh! Didn’t know you can file a claim! But did you go chepo like me? It you purchased tracking??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shed are a small operation like Dutton-Vocalion, so 4 people and they won't rip anybody off. I suspect that there is a batch of Riverside discs sitting hidden in a corner on one side or the other of the Atlantic lost by one Postal Service or the other. I will email someone.

FINALLY!! Mrs GOS texted me this picture

bfec14736e295613bb1cdd7d2a53896f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back