Riverside "Wasteland" (New Deluxe Edition with 4.1 surround DVD!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got the reply. Not 5.1 but as I saw this tour in 2020, the band was really awesome to hear live so I am still thinking about whether to get.
Here was reply to my question on quality of this concert and whether it was in 5.1:

"Hi Peter, of course we listened to the Wasteland Box concerts and:
- on the CD it is a record of ALL songs played on the Wasteland Tour. That is why there are as many as 21 of them and they are recorded at various concerts in different countries
- the concert is recorded on DVD and BR, but not by a professional team !!! and therefore it is a stereo version. The quality is very good but not perfect.
Our opinion is worth the money. "

There are 2 tracks from this concert on Youtube (Wasteland and Vale of Tears) and the quality looks damn good to me. I see some compression issues on the stream which I hope the blu ray does not have but it looks to be filmed in HD. Stereo audio sounds clear and clean to me also.

While 5.1 would be nice I did find that the live album Lost N Found sounds great in stereo and this has a similar quality.

I do not know why they did not release Lost N Found on blu-ray. Even if the show was shot in SD (which I highly doubt in 2015) it would have upscaled really well. The DVD Mpeg2 codec is just so poor nowadays on modern large TVs and I just hate seeing the artifacts (especially shimmering/flicker and aliasing).

I'm looking forward to this Box, I'm so glad it is available also for fans that didn't buy concert tickets last year.

Simon, thanks for your post.

Good to hear about LostnFound. I have that one ordered and hoping to get in a couple of days.

I did decide to join the Riverside fanclub as it's a bit pricey once adding everything up and shipping charge to North America but with the amount of problem's caused for all bands because of covid thought it's good supporting bands when you can so fanclub order done.

I ordered the Lunatic Soul new album 'Through Shaded Woods'. It's worth checking out as it's the side project of lead singer of Riverside.

Nothing here yet, but I know people have been receiving them as there are photos on the fan club Facebook page.

My order now showing as "realized" so hopefully that means it's on the way now. Any other UK members order this? I'm hoping there are no issues with customs as things have changed now since brexit.

Got mine today. Haven't watched it yet but very disappointed to see it is MPEG2 encoded and with lossy Dolby Digital audio.

Got mine today. Haven't watched it yet but very disappointed to see it is MPEG2 encoded and with lossy Dolby Digital audio.

I hear you and it doesn't surprise me. These are tough financial times for bands, this is what it is.
I looked at this as a official bootleg release and as I saw them only once and my first time seeing them live on this same tour I was hoping this was worth the gamble to order and help the band.
I don't have mine yet as it's got a long way to travel to get where I live.

Yeah, I certainly understand its basically a fan club official bootleg type of release. Just a shame it's not using HD spec. I didn't expect 5.1 or DTS/DolbyHD but it should have had lossless PCM stereo, even if still 16bit similar to the CD quality.

I did a quick skip through the show while on the PC and it looks and sounds good. Looking forward to watching it soon.

Watched this last night. Fantastic show which also has some nice deep cuts in the set. It's great that they played pretty much all of Wasteland too.

While I did spot some MPEG2 compression issues throughout, the majority looks good and definitely watchable on a large screen. It is very well edited too. Audio is impressive for being DD2.0, it is well mixed too. I wonder if the CD versions are the same performances, as if so I might sync them up to have a playable rip in lossless.

Back