Rob Reed (Magenta mastermind) Sanctuary, solo album in 5.1

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rick Wakeman!, i don't know if he plays on the music... I am not the biggest Mick Oldfield fan, but i love everything that Rob Reed does, and from the clip we have heard, its sounds like the best of Mike Oldfield, so it looks promising...

Rick Wakeman!, i don't know if he plays on the music... I am not the biggest Mick Oldfield fan, but i love everything that Rob Reed does, and from the clip we have heard, its sounds like the best of Mike Oldfield, so it looks promising...

The extract that appears on Prog Magazine CD I had to double take, I thought it was a Mike Oldfield Circa 1974 a homage in deed

The pre-orders are shipping - mine arrived today! :)

I can't wait to hear what people on QQ think of it. I would rate the surround mix/production easily in the top 10 of my whole surround collection, maybe even top 5.

:smokin

This is great stuff :) the music is excellent, the tribute to Tubular Bells is obvious, but who cares, its so well done! On my second listen of the 5.1 now. Need more spins to discover all the things that are going on.

The mix is Kompendium level, that is a very high level in my book.

Only the stereo version would already be a must buy. It's so Oldfieldesque it's hilarious - but it's never dull or overdone, just the exact amount of "let's recreate it with a better sound but the very same vibes". I was a little disappointed at first because I thought it would really be a Tubular Bells v.2 , and it also borrows a lot from Hergest Ridge and - above all - Ommadawn. So the structure isn't exactly the same as TB. But it's tremendously FUN to listen to.

The surround mix is... how can I tell you ? I'm actually typying this in a position so that I'm turned 90° leftwards inside my sweet spot, and very much in the back of the room, so that I'm nowhere near where I should be listening to a surround record.

Well, I never had such a discrete stereophonic experience in my life ^^

The surround mix is... how can I tell you ? I'm actually typying this in a position so that I'm turned 90° leftwards inside my sweet spot, and very much in the back of the room, so that I'm nowhere near where I should be listening to a surround record.
Weird. The 2 posts prior to yours give high marks to the surround mix.

Sorry, I've been misunderstood : the mix is GREAT, and SO active that when you're listening to it from afar and turned leftwards or rightwards, il stills sounds like a huge stereo separation. So it's clearly enjoyable, even far from the sweet spot ! :)

Listened to a few Magenta tracks and am quite impressed. Anyone know where I can get hold of their earlier mch releases at a reasonable price?

Listened to a few Magenta tracks and am quite impressed. Anyone know where I can get hold of their earlier mch releases at a reasonable price?
Check their webshop, 27 Club, Chameleon and Methamorphosis are still available. Although you might want to postpone buying the Chameleon dvd, as Neil Wilkes said that he and Rob are looking at a possible hi res release.

Anyone have trouble playing the Video content? I can play the MLP 5.1 no problem but the disc wont play the video

I can't play the videos on my dvd-audio player (Pioneer DV-676A - very old!). They play on my blu-ray player (which doesn't play dvd-audio).

I have an Oppo 95 which is a DVD-A compatible player.

I tried ripping it and same problem. I get get the Audio but I can't get the video. I'd love to have those online videos they'd be a great surround demo.

Back