Rob Reed "THE RINGMASTER" (Sanctuary IV) now in play testing! (...and it's awesome!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neil Palfreyman

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
This has been in the works for quite some time, and I know a lot of people are interested in it, so I thought I would let you know that I have just received the 5.1 mix of Sanctuary IV, or as it will be called "THE RINGMASTER" from Robert Reed (he of Magenta, Sanctuary, Cyan, Chimpan A, Kiama, Kompendium fame.)

It's a concept album split into two parts. I'm currently play testing part one, so there will be a Sanctuary V at some future point. :LB

So, how does it sound? I know you're not going to believe me, but Rob's actually upped his game! His surround mixes are normally pretty much top of the pile (imho) but on this one, it's as if he's taken everything he's learnt from previous Sanctuary recordings/mixes, plus the sonic impact of "Cursus 123 430" and worked out how he can take his sound to another level. The result is powerful, hugely dynamic, crystal clear, completely enveloping and immersive, and utterly engaging. I honestly wouldn't have though it possible that he could improve so much from his previous work, but he has. Incredible.

This is quite honestly one of the best surround mixes I have ever heard! Easily top 5. :SB

I don't know anything yet about release dates/formats but will update when I do.

Fantastic news Neil and thank you for spilling these beans! I'm really glad that Rob is sticking with 5.1 mixes for his albums. His recent Cursus 123 430 was quite superb and after reading your comments on the upcoming chapters of his Sanctuary series, I'm convinced we're all in for a sonic treat.

Keep up the great work! :)

A snippet from future past - looking forward to it!
1621579643338.png

OK, that single is flat out epic. I've heard that lead singer before, but can't place him. His voice is simply amazing. Wowwwww. Ordered...
He's the multi talented (and blind!) singer/keyboardist/guitarist in a UK prog band called Tiger Moth Tales, and in recent years he's been playing and singing in the band Camel.

I've searched the internet, but can't figure out how to preorder either of the new upcoming releases. Can anyone help?

Rob Reed's facebook page has no mention how (that I can find anyway), and Tigermoth website just has a nice Ringmaster picture...

Attachments

• 1629939188707.png
    1629939188707.png
    573.4 KB · Views: 153
I've searched the internet, but can't figure out how to preorder either of the new upcoming releases. Can anyone help?

Rob Reed's facebook page has no mention how (that I can find anyway), and Tigermoth website just has a nice Ringmaster picture...
https://www.tigermothshop.co.uk/store/Cyan-c117062595Try this Mistee and click on the pic it should take you to another page where you can click on
"add to bag".
I tried to post a direct link but QQ didn't like it for some reason.

Back