Rob Reed "THE RINGMASTER" (Sanctuary IV) now in play testing! (...and it's awesome!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A quick update from the play testing of this one. IMHO it's Rob's best "Sanctuary" so far, in terms of both the song writing and surround mix and by quite a considerable margin. However, it took me several plays through to "get" the music and really appreciate this, so it's possibly less accessible than his previous Sanctuary releases, to the point where I think it's a great move to split it into two albums with a gap. A double album could have been too much to digest in one sitting.

I think the reason for this may be because, with this album, he's evolved his sound and solo song writing to the point where it really feels much more like Rob Reed than a Mike Oldfield homage. Don't worry; it's an evolution, not a huge change in direction and if you liked the previous albums you'll like this one for sure.

On the mixing and production side he's incorporated a lot of what worked really well with "Cursus 123 340" so the surround mix is both dynamic and powerful. The sound quality is stunning, even for Rob. The 48k DTS on the DVD is (honestly) so good that I find it hard to believe that it's not lossless!

I have all of Sanctuary I-III albums, so this is a must buy for me for sure!

By the way I was surprised to find that they are still available at Tigermoth shop...

Screenshot(14).png

Last edited:
Post by Paul Harris, administrator of the facebook group "Tubular World - Mike Oldfield events, news and discussion":

"Very pleased to announce this free online event with Rob Reed - Official discussing his new album called The Ringmaster, from the Mike Oldfield inspired Sanctuary album series.
We’ll be chatting about the album, playing some exclusive tracks from Part One, with a guest or two popping in for a chat as well.
If you have any questions for Rob, please post them below or send me a message and I’ll do my best to ask them!
Register here: http://bit.ly/RobertReedTheRingmasterPart1 and share to other groups that might be interested."

241553774_10159628274204241_6329640150439806846_n.jpg

Posted by Paul Harris on Sep 13:
"There are technical problems uploading new content at the Tigermoth shop and the planned pre-order for The Ringmaster part one has unfortunately been delayed. Rob and his team have asked me to convey their apologies and will make the preorder available as soon as possible. There should be the first video to share at the same time too!"

Hopefully this weekend can be reserved. Faith!

Posted by Paul Harris on Sep 13:
"There are technical problems uploading new content at the Tigermoth shop and the planned pre-order for The Ringmaster part one has unfortunately been delayed. Rob and his team have asked me to convey their apologies and will make the preorder available as soon as possible. There should be the first video to share at the same time too!"

Hopefully this weekend can be reserved. Faith!
Thanks for the speedy reply. Looking forward to when I can preorder it

Ordered the Ultimate 5CD/3DVD edition at £65, as obviously I really like Rob Reed's music, but also because the money goes to the artist, not a faceless conglomerate.

Exactly. I hate supporting huge conlomerates that are taking over. Supporting artists direct is great, especially when you know the product is quality.

Back