Rob Reeds "sSupergroup" Kiama - new album with 5.1 mix

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went to the website (I think) and I can easily tell which exact item I need to purchase to get the CD/DVD set. In fact, I don't see any comment about DVD, only CD. I'm sure I'm not at the right place... Help...I want to give them my money....lol

EDIT - duh. I was in the complete wrong website....I didn't see the link in POST 1!

Ouch US $28.52
Hmmm. I might have to think about this before I click the "place your order" button....so much to buy.

As Clint hasn't managed to persuade you to spend more money yet.....Go on you'll regret it if you don't! :bounce17

Not to bad a price, thats around what it costs me in the UK for SACDs from the USA, then we get stung on import duty plus an additional £8 ($12) handling fee :(

As Clint hasn't managed to persuade you to spend more money yet.....Go on you'll regret it if you don't! :bounce17

Not to bad a price, thats around what it costs me in the UK for SACDs from the USA, then we get stung on import duty plus an additional £8 ($12) handling fee :(

Good point....done...ordered..... :)

DuncanS;272355[B said:
]As Clint hasn't managed to persuade you to spend more money yet[/B].....Go on you'll regret it if you don't! :bounce17

Hey...getting him to spend over a $100 isn't an easy task...even though it's an awesome deal and he will end up spending that much or more with these smaller purchases:walker..I talked myself into some purchases on elusive disc since he wasn't going to make the move(y)

Hey...getting him to spend over a $100 isn't an easy task...even though it's an awesome deal and he will end up spending that much or more with these smaller purchases:walker..I talked myself into some purchases on elusive disc since he wasn't going to make the move(y)

Well...I may still get the one you're talking about...

Wow! I stared at it too long last night. Decided against it as I already have a good collection of KC...but certainly not all. Oh well. On to the next one. :)

I know you love KC...that's why I thought you might be interested...in my case the content is just OK...what killed it for me is what others might find attractive...21 freaking CD's...geeze....I'm hurting for space right now..I'd only be interested in the hi rez portion and trying to sell off the CD portion would be hard because I imagine this thing weighs a ton and would cost too much to ship to someone...but it sure looked cool:)

Thought you may be interested to hear that I've been play testing the 5.1 mix of the debut Kiama album, "Sign of IV" for Rob over the past weeks. No surprise, I'm sure, that it's up to Rob's usual high standard of recording and surround mixing :) - so it's fully discrete and highly active in the surround field, even though much of the material was recorded "live in studio" which gives it a lot of energy and feel.

The band sound is somewhat different to Magenta, being heavier guitar rock and featuring Dylan Thompson on vocals. Rob plays bass and keyboards and his pedigree shines through with intelligent and well thought out songs in the 5-10 mins duration bracket, with plenty of "proggy" elements, a good balance of balls-out heavy stuff/power ballads, with a few bluesy vibes thrown in for good measure!

I've really enjoyed testing it and look forward to the full release.

Any news on whether this is DVD-A/V or just DVD-V?

Pretty sure it's DVD-V with DTS audio for the 5.1. I know Rob would have preferred loss-less but it's the age old problem of balancing his desire to get it out in 5.1 in a commercially viable way. Besides, I'm not that bothered as Rob has a well proven track record of making DTS sound way better than it has any right to. ;)

Back