Robert Fripp - Exposure Box Set (Steven Wilson Remix coming soon!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Will it include the Eno collaborations as well?

Would love having NO PUSSYFOOTING and EVENING STAR in surround. Again I'll cry out in the wilderness: Why does Eno never release any of his solo work in surround???

Sure, we get the bands he produced like Talking Heads, etc., in surround. I find it odd that someone so into tech doesn't bother with surround in his own recordings. Maybe Fripp and Wilson will talk him into it :D.

Again I'll cry out in the wilderness: Why does Eno never release any of his solo work in surround???

Sure, we get the bands he produced like Talking Heads, etc., in surround. I find it odd that someone so into tech doesn't bother with surround in his own recordings. Maybe Fripp and Wilson will talk him into it :D.

I agree, you'd think Eno would want to. His note in Ambient 4 (which I imagine many of us have seen) from 1982 reflects that dichotomy - clearly then he was tempted, but realised few would hear it. I'm sure he does realise that it is more practical now but I suppose he has moved on - it's in his nature to be constantly looking forward. So perhaps he does need a good talking to, as you suggest! :D

eno 4.jpg

Found this on the other forum:

An interview with Fripp is in the February 2022 Uncut. It’s mainly about Music For Quiet Moments (given an 8/10 and Reissue of the Month), but the interview ended with:

The Exposure box is coming up soon, which is exciting. Can you tell us more about to expect?

There’s lots and lots of CDs in there. [laughs] Exposure was recorded in 1978 and 1979 and released in 1979. So, the boxset is taking a wide view of that year, including the early Frippertronics, through to the League of Gentlemen. It’s an expanded moment, essentially from 1977 to 1980. It forms a bridge between King Crimson completing its work in 1974 and beginning again in 1981. It looks at that period in between. It think there’s something like 28 CDs. And the scrapbook is superb.

The box set on Burning Shed, Exposures

Disc 25 Exposure/Under Heavy Manners - Blu-Ray I

Exposure Fourth Edition

Exposure Fifth Edition (running order as per First/Fourth Edition but with the inclusion of Daryl Hall lead vocals on select tracks)

Breathless or How I Gradually Internalised The Social Reality Of Manhattan Until It Seemed To Be A Very Reasonable Way Of Life

Under Heavy Manners and Additional Material from the recording sessions

2021 Masters/Mixes in 24/96 in hi-res stereo, DTS-HD 5.1 Surround Sound and Dolby Atmos mixed and produced by Steven Wilson

God Save the Queen

2021 Masters in 24/96 hi-res stereo and DTS-HD Surround Sound (quad) mixed and produced by David Singleton

Exposure: Additional Material/Sessions/Under Heavy Management/Eurotronics

Newly mixed material from the sessions in 24/96 hi-res stereo in recording date sequence and sequence as per Disc 16 mixed and produced by Steven Wilson

Last of the New York Heartthrobs

Exposure Second Edition

Under Heavy Manners – Original Mix (David Singleton 2021 Master)

Master Recordings in 24/96 hi-res stereo

Exposure First Edition

Exposure Third Edition plus Additional Material

Master Recordings in 24/48 hi-res stereo

Disc 26 The DGM Frippertronics' Archive Volume I - Blu-Ray II

Disc 27 The DGM Frippertronics' Archive Volume II - Blu-Ray III

The Complete DGM Archive of Frippertronics loops, studio and live recordings 1977 – 1983 in 24/48 hi-res stereo

Disc 28 Let The Power Fall/Washington Square Church/The League of Gentlemen Blu-Ray IV

The League of Gentlemen

2021 Masters/Mixes in 24/96 in hi-res stereo, DTS-HD 5.1 Surround Sound and Dolby Atmos, Additional Material in 24/96 hi-res stereo mixed and produced by Steven Wilson

Let The Power Fall

2021 Masters in 24/192 hi-res stereo, DTS-HD Surround Sound (Quad) mixed and produced by David Singleton. Original Master plus Additional Material in 24/96 hi-res stereo

Washington Square Church

2021 Masters in 24/48 hi-res stereo and DTS-HD Surround Sound (Quad) mixed and produced by David Singleton

God Save the King

The 1985 Robert Fripp/League of Gentlemen compilation Masters in 16/48 stereo

Discs 22 – 28 - All material new to disc in these formats, mixes, audio quality

Couple quick takeaways from the announcement:
• Quad mixes!?
• Standalone DVD of the main album for those who don't want to shell out for the box

Also - if the box doesn't include a 24/192 recording of "Come My Way" in Atmos and quad I'm not gonna bite - lol

I guess after the Heaven & Earth boxset Robert told them to 'hold his beer'.
That is a loaded box, although I think I will settle for just the CD/DVD version ...

Back