Robert Fripp - Exposure Box Set (Steven Wilson Remix coming soon!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

colsky

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
A brilliant album, over the years there have been different versions of the album with songs sung by both Peter Hammill and Daryl Hall.

The latest Burning Shed newsletter advertises a new King Crimson - Elements set (compilation for their upcoming US tour), which includes a Fripp track "from the forthcoming Robert Fripp Exposure multi disc set". Hopefully includes surround (hopefully mixed by Steven Wilson).

Last edited:
The latest Burning Shed newsletter advertises a new King Crimson - Elements set (compilation for their upcoming US tour), which includes a Fripp track "from the forthcoming Robert Fripp Exposure multi disc set". Hopefully includes surround (hopefully mixed by Steven Wilson).
This set has been in the works for some time, since at least the release of the Heaven and Earth box, which I remember because David Singleton threw a hissy-fit in the wake of the sped-up ProjeKcts tracks on Blu-ray and essentially threatened to cancel the upcoming Exposure box because fans hurt his feelings. Not a good look, and thankfully, it appears to have been an empty threat. I can't imagine the box not including a surround mix from either Wilson or Singleton.

I wouldn't have imagined the Heaven & Earth box not including the announced 5.1 remix of the Heaven & Earth album itself either. That was really disappointing. Still is.

Fantastic news. Always loved that album. I think Steven will pour love into the remix aswell. Which podcast was this news on?

SW Podcast 6-22-21.jpg

https://anchor.fm/martyn-ware/episodes/EP41-Steven-Wilson-e1365ra/a-a5uss0l

Thanks for posting this....it was great fun listening to it!

Some really interesting surround discussion starts around the 30-minute mark - apparently Martyn Ware tried to start a HDTracks-esque platform for 5.1 some years ago and even managed to get EMI seriously interested (he mentions that they sent him the 5.1 mix of Roxy Music's Avalon), but the other major labels wouldn't bite.

The previous Fripp-guided remix of Exposure was not an improvement over the original 1979 mix. I hope Wilson adheres to the takes, sounds, and balances of the original mix. Otherwise we get regrettable Fripp revisionism -- like removing his guitar part from 'Matte Kudesai' , a loss Wilson carried over into his 5.1 and 2.0 remixes of Discipline.

I'll be especially attentive to 'Breathless'.

Last edited:
Apparently on Robert and Toyah’s weekly video, Robert gave a few more details about the Exposure box, including that it will include new mixes of the Exposure album including an Atmos mix by Steven Wilson.
Also interesting is its been described as the biggest box to date. Got to go along way to be beat Heaven and Earth and 1969 boxes so count me very intrigued !!

Also interesting is its been described as the biggest box to date. Got to go along way to be beat Heaven and Earth and 1969 boxes so count me very intrigued !!

I've just watched the Fripp and Toyah video where these quotes came from, and he doesn't actually say that "it will be the biggest box to date", what he says is that "it will be the biggest box to date of Exposure". Seeing as how the biggest Exposure release to date is just a double cd set, then the biggest box quote doesn't actually mean much!

I've just watched the Fripp and Toyah video where these quotes came from, and he doesn't actually say that "it will be the biggest box to date", what he says is that "it will be the biggest box to date of Exposure". Seeing as how the biggest Exposure release to date is just a double cd set, then the biggest box quote doesn't actually mean much!

My wallet hopes you are right.

Back