Robert Fripp - Exposure Box Set (Steven Wilson Remix coming soon!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Word on SHF, SDE and DGM is that the box won't include the original version of The League of Gentlemen.
Basically the box will include the God Save the King version and exclude the vocal snippets and short instrumental pieces.

I'll probably still spring for it but it's disappointing to me to have this excluded.

ouch .. I tried to order it locallly in the Netherlands but couldnt get a 100% delivery guarantee so I paid 190 euros to my friends at Burning shed and will have to pay customs on top of that… but 32 discs.. its worth it.

It's unclear to me, thanks to the use of the word 'alternate' in so much of the description, whether the surround mix uses the original released vocal takes (e.g., from the 1979 LP mix) or the various vocal takes used on the various (all inferior) stereo remixes.

Last edited:
Got the CD/DVD version. Arrived a couple days ago. Listening to the 5.1 DTS now. Yummy. Lots of rear surround involvement.
Could you please confirm if the CD/DVD version includes the 5.1 mixes in DTS 96/24?
I don't want to buy the big box, because I am not a huge fan Fripp solo stuff, but it seems the only way to get the lossless surround mixes and - mostly important - the atmos mixes!

Reactions: SHB
Could you please confirm if the CD/DVD version includes the 5.1 mixes in DTS 96/24?
I don't want to buy the big box, because I am not a huge fan Fripp solo stuff, but it seems the only way to get the lossless surround mixes and - mostly important - the atmos mixes!

While there isn’t any indication on the box, liner notes or even the DGM site, my system shows DTS 96/24. All good. 😎

Last edited:
One listen to 5.1 offering initial impression meh! Mix good but lyrics and vocals, not for me. If I want to listen to someone simply screaming there’s a five year old down the road that’s happy to oblige.
Based on your review Norm, I will cancel my order with Amazon.
I'll stick with Toyah and Roberts Sunday Lunch!! :D

Sunday lunch on a BR. I would pay for that to help defray the costs they absorbed to help bring a little joy in our lives during lockdown.

Back