Rock Hall of Fame 2023 Nominees

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Inductees announced this morning. I was pulling for George Michael, Warren Zevon and Kate Bush. I got two out of three.

Kate Bush
George Michael
Sheryl Crow
Missy Elliott
Rage Against the Machine
Willie Nelson
The Spinners

Musical Influence Award:
DJ Kool Herc
Link Wray*

Musical Excellence Award:
Chaka Khan
Al Kooper
Bernie Taupin

Ahmet Ertegun Award:
Don Cornelius

The Hall clearly did not take too much stock in the fan vote this year. Cyndi Lauper, Iron Maiden, Warren Zevon and Soundgarden had all made the top 5 in the fan vote, with Cyndi coming in second. Meanwhile, Missy Elliott who came in 13th out of 14 nominees is being inducted.

Ceremony to be held November 3rd in Brooklyn. If Kate Bush decides to perform, I am so there.

*Hey @Electric Moo , you got your wish!

Last edited:
The Hall clearly did not take too much stock in the fan vote this year. Cyndi Lauper, Iron Maiden and Soundgarden had all made the top 5 in the fan vote, with Cyndi coming in second. Meanwhile, Missy Elliott who came in 13th out of 14 nominees is being inducted.
We can't have too many real ROCK AND ROLL bands going into the ROCK AND ROLL hall of fame.

dont get me wrong, I have her DVD Audio and its really good ---BUT - Missy Elliot ????????? Seems like a Diversity vote as it is not Rock N Roll

Inductees announced this morning. I was pulling for George Michael, Warren Zevon and Kate Bush. I got two out of three.

Kate Bush
George Michael
Sheryl Crow
Missy Elliott
Rage Against the Machine
Willie Nelson
The Spinners

Musical Influence Award:
DJ Kool Herc
Link Wray*

Musical Excellence Award:
Chaka Khan
Al Kooper
Bernie Taupin

Ahmet Ertegun Award:
Don Cornelius

The Hall clearly did not take too much stock in the fan vote this year. Cyndi Lauper, Iron Maiden, Warren Zevon and Soundgarden had all made the top 5 in the fan vote, with Cyndi coming in second. Meanwhile, Missy Elliott who came in 13th out of 14 nominees is being inducted.

Ceremony to be held November 3rd in Brooklyn. If Kate Bush decides to perform, I am so there.

*Hey @Electric Moo , you got your wish!
Being stationed in Concord,Ca in the early 70s I spent many weekends a Winterand Arena,saw this guy come out on stage with a leather jacket and DA haircut he sure could play that guitar.

Back