Rock Hall of Fame 2023 Nominees

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The LA Times has this nice appreciation of Zevon in which they mention that Billy Joel has been pushing the Rock Hall to honor Warren. Zevon is certainly high on my list of folks I'd like to see recognized, as are Kate Bush and George Michael. While I generally disapprove of the Rock Hall and the ceremony, I have to say that this is at least a nice diverse list of nominees. They're probably all worthy of recognition.

I know it will never happen, but Ronnie James Dio should be nominated. He influenced a generation or two of hard rock singers and “influence” is supposed to count for something with the Hall.

I’d also put in most of the guys from Toto. Their work on various albums outside of Toto alone should qualify them.

But I imagine The Wiggles have a better shot of getting in before any of those guys.

Lot of good candidates. Would love to see Iron Maiden rock the house at the next ceremony. Would not be surprised to see them get in on a fan vote.

I gave up on caring a long time ago. But yeah, I'd love to see Iron Maiden and Soundgarden get in, but neither will win the fan vote. Wouldn't be surprised to see Willie Nelson win the fan vote because he really rocked the house down (joking, I like Willie but he ain't RnR).

Wow, that's awesome. I wish I'd had the chance to see him live.

If anyone deserves to be in a legitimate R&R HOF it's Link Wray.

plus in this current era of "anti white establishment" culture war, you'd think he'd get some notice as he's Native American.

Or was. RIP.

1. Kate Bush
  2. George Michael
  3. Warren Zevon
  4. Sheryl Crow
  5. Missy Elliot
  6. Cyndi Lauper
  7. Willie Nelson
  8. Joy Division/New Order
  9. Iron Maiden
  10. Rage Against the Machine
  11. Soundgarden
  12. The Spinners
  13. A Tribe Called Quest
  14. The White Stripes

https://www.billboard.com/music/awards/rock-hall-fame-2023-nominations-list-1235209024/
'The Spinners' in England were a folk group in the 60's and 70's - I guess that these would be what we Brits call ''The Detroit Spinners'' who had 'Could it be I'm falling in love' and 'One of a king love affair' Yes?

I finally listened to the DV twofer from Ted Nugent yesterday. (Yes, I have a substantial DV backlog to get through.) It's the first (two) albums that I ever had of his. Given his previous work with The Amboy Dukes plus his 'solo' works, I'm surprised that he is not in the RnR HoF because his music is pure rock.

I finally listened to the DV twofer from Ted Nugent yesterday. (Yes, I have a substantial DV backlog to get through.) It's the first (two) albums that I ever had of his. Given his previous work with The Amboy Dukes plus his 'solo' works, I'm surprised that he is not in the RnR HoF because his music is pure rock.
Sadly, because it shouldn't matter, his politics and lack of PCness won't buy him many friends on the voting commitee.

Back