Roger Waters 2020 North American tour

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 2000 tour comes to mind where he featured a slide show because he couldn't afford video for the tour.
IIRC, that would be the In the Flesh tour. It continued for several years and I saw it twice. It was not loaded with slideshows as I recall. I'm pretty sure it had original Floyd films and inflatable puppets. It was apparently good enough to release as a DVD.

Radio Kaos was the bomb, Paul Carrack opening was great, phone in questions during tea break, hot girls on backing vocals, tight band, perfect sized venue :smokin
Agreed... one of his best. Jim Ladd as the DJ.... Unfortunately, after that tour, he never played anything from KAOS again. Maybe that'll change on the next tour.

Agreed... one of his best. Jim Ladd as the DJ.... Unfortunately, after that tour, he never played anything from KAOS again. Maybe that'll change on the next tour.

"The Powers That Be" was regularly played on the 1999 tour, but otherwise, you're correct. He has ignored the KAOS album on all tours since.

This clip below shows some rehearsals for the upcoming tour. You can hear them rehearsing "Powers That Be."

Saw the Pros and Cons tour ('85?) and whatever that tour back in '17 was called, which had to be one of the most technically challenging shows I ever witnessed. I'm curious how he's going to pull this off since you can't have video screens at the back of the stage, since there is no back of stage.

Saw the only out door show on the 99/2000 tour in George Wa. ,mid afternoon we hit the beer gardens (awesome cheap suds), plane flies over and I say to the people I was with "bet that's the band" they all say "no way". Well later that day as the set started just around dusk guess what comes up the valley and in synch with the start of "in the flesh" pulling up as it passed over top of use.

RW.jpg

Call me names. I can take it. I still don't give a rats ass about your views. "Supporting him financially" is hilarious. That is equal to a tear in the big blue sea.

Respectully himey, I am also fed up with Roger, and it has zero to do with his politics. I am done buying his albums and his concert tickets. I was not going to neg the tour with that opinion, but because of your posts I feel the need to counter the idea that anyone who doesn't want to see Rog's show must hate his politics. I'm sure it'll be a great show, and I hope everyone that attends is inspired by it. It is not for me, not anymore.

As to whether or not "no one cares" what people think here, I am certainly inclined to consider what all of you think. You are my surround community.

Saw the Pros and Cons tour ('85?) and whatever that tour back in '17 was called, which had to be one of the most technically challenging shows I ever witnessed. I'm curious how he's going to pull this off since you can't have video screens at the back of the stage, since there is no back of stage.
The 2017 show would be US+Them. My guess is video will be projected on something that hangs above the stage and maybe revolves with the stage, but will be visible 360 degrees around it.

Last edited:
On the fence on this. I'm not the target audience for the 'Pink Floyd radio hits'. Getting treated to his pre-recorded vocals for 70% of the show and the band performing album reads of the music... His stagecraft and theater is over the top when he wants to deliver though. Wouldn't mind seeing that. Crack band playing those album readings too and at concert volume, in surround sound, and with the expensive engineers at the helm.

I wonder if this will be a continuation of the tour with the same expensive stage show or if this is another one of those pickup tours on a budget with much of that watered down? I might be in if I knew it was the former.

Going after the developmentally disabled sock puppet is pretty low hanging fruit too. Now if he starts putting names and faces of military industrial complex shareholders up on the screen and matching them to the politicians they own...

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/roger-waters-tour-this-is-not-a-drill-941431/
He will present an all-new show, this time in the round. As for the content of the tour, Waters said it would be something new. “It will be no-holds-barred,” he said.

Call me names. I can take it. I still don't give a rats ass about your views. "Supporting him financially" is hilarious. That is equal to a tear in the big blue sea.
I also will not be purchasing a ticket to his concert or buying any of his music.
Out of respect to the mod here I will not go into the reasoning.
But @himey I hope you understand that your position works both ways. I couldn't give a rodents behind about your views either. Read the posts or don't and then move on.
I do not like getting injected with someone's political viewpoints when I buy a ticket to be entertained.
Which is why I stopped watching the Hollywood awards shows
AMEN

Besides he hasn't done a thing worth spending money on since he was kicked out of Pink Floyd.
Long Live David Gilmour. ;)

That recording highlighted Richard Wright keyboard and David's vocals. :)
He wrote it.

But of course I don't really believe that. One of his amazing achievements is that he wrote a deeply personal album, The Wall, and managed to get millions to become involved in it. After watching the latest Almodovar movie, that neither amuses nor moves, I am more aware that it is not easy.

Last edited:
IMO The Wall was a good rock-opera on the level of The Who's Tommy and such but far from Floyds best music.
It's sales success had more to do with the demographic that a lot of the words appealed to. Just about everyone that was school age around the time of its release could still sing you every verse of "We don't need no education We don't need no thought control"
In some ways I found it a cheap grasping for a crossover audience and away from their traditional progressive rock roots.
I'm a avid Floyd fan, hardly a week goes by that I haven't listened to at least a couple of their albums, but I can't remember the last time I played The Wall for musical pleasure, pretty much the same for The Final Cut. But you can find all the rest spinning just about any time here.
I'm just not a fan of Waters.

I also will not be purchasing a ticket to his concert or buying any of his music.
Out of respect to the mod here I will not go into the reasoning.
But @himey I hope you understand that your position works both ways. I couldn't give a rodents behind about your views either. Read the posts or don't and then move on.

AMEN

Besides he hasn't done a thing worth spending money on since he was kicked out of Pink Floyd.
Long Live David Gilmour. ;)
Pros and Cond and Amused to Death are excellent albums. ATD's description of war fever of many politicians and their voting cattle is still relevant today.

Yeah, Dark Side and "that song about school" are the mainstream Floyd hits. With one or two additions. (Which are WYWH and Comfortably Numb). I'm a fan of pre Dark Side Floyd and the Roger solo tour I would have been the most into would have been Amused to Death. (Which never happened.) So I'm not in the target audience for his tours anymore. His stagecraft keeps evolving though. Can't argue with that part! I listen mostly to music. Even if I agree with some of his politics the music recently has been boring af.

I think the Wall is best viewed through the lens of 1979/1980. They went for an impossible production the likes no one had ever seen/heard when technology made it just barely possible if you really worked for it. If you listen to the actual Pink Floyd shows from 1980/81, they incorporated plenty of moments throughout the program for the band to still sound like live Pink Floyd. The scripted and playing to click track segments weren't 100% of the show. It's all an album reading now and that takes some of the kick out of it. If you were looking for the 'band being a little live and dangerous' moments anyway!

Give Radio Kaos a try, not the retail version, find a copy of the Promo Lp, it changes the feel of the album a lot, even if it's not your cup of tea it's well worth a spin.
This would actually be really kool as a AAA 2LP 45 set.

Rkaos.jpg

Give Radio Kaos a try, not the retail version, find a copy of the Promo Lp, it changes the feel of the album a lot,

I am intrigued. Please enlighten me. I like Radio Kaos the most out of Water's solo albums. What does the promo LP do different?

Give Radio Kaos a try, not the retail version, find a copy of the Promo Lp, it changes the feel of the album a lot, even if it's not your cup of tea it's well worth a spin.

I'd like to know as well. I have a single sided KAOS LP with a re-mix of Radio Waves, but that photo looks like is has half a dozen songs or so...

I also have a VHS tape of Radio KAOS videos somewhere, but I no longer have a machine that can play it. :(

Back