Roger Waters 2020 North American tour

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The promo is all the songs on the album without any of the Jim Ladd and Billy voice overs so each song has the full lenght version so you hear each song the way it was originally recorded,
gives the album a much better flow. I assume the intent was to provide the radio stations with the ability to play any track as a single on the air and not have the talking which would not make sense on the radio to a person hearing one song for the first time. Kind of unique because that means there are or were to different master made for this album.

Waters said: "Between Ian Ritchie and myself, we really fucked that record up. We tried too hard to make it sound modern. I allowed myself to get pushed down roads that were uncomfortable for me. I should never have made that record." Waters regrets his decision to trim the album from a double to a single one, thus losing much of the concept.

I find this album music wise to be his best but I guess most people don't
I have a recording of this and it is fantastic. The only problem is some bad groove noise on the last few tracks. Been desperately searching for a clean copy

Rescheduled tour dates have been announced. Tour starts in fifteen months. :unsure:

Roger Waters 2022 Tour Dates
July 6 - Pittsburgh, PA @ PPG Paints Arena
July 8 - Toronto, ON @ Scotiabank Arena
July 9 - Toronto, ON @ Scotiabank Arena
July 12 - Boston, MA @ TD Garden
July 15 - Montreal, QC @ Bell Centre
July 17 - Quebec, QC @ Videotron Centre
July 20 - Albany, NY @ Times Union Center
July 23 - Detroit, MI @ Little Caesars Arena
July 26 - Chicago, IL @ United Center
July 28 - Milwaukee, WI @ Fiserv Forum
July 30 - Minneapolis, MN @ Target Center
Aug. 2 - Cincinnati, OH @ Heritage Bank Center
Aug. 5 - Philadelphia, PA @ Wells Fargo Center
Aug. 6 - Philadelphia, PA @ Wells Fargo Center
Aug. 16 - Washington, D.C. @ Capital One Arena
Aug. 18 - Raleigh, NC @ PNC Arena
Aug. 20 - Atlanta, GA @ State Farm Arena
Aug. 23 - Miami, FL @ AmericanAirlines Arena
Aug. 25 - Orlando, FL @ Amway Center
Aug. 27 - Nashville, TN @ Bridgestone Arena
Aug. 30 - New York, NY @ Madison Square Garden
Aug. 31 - New York, NY @ Madison Square Garden
Sept. 3 - Kansas City, MO @ T-Mobile Center
Sept. 6 - Denver, CO @ Ball Arena
Sept. 8 - Salt Lake City, UT @ Vivint Arena
Sept. 10 - Portland, OR @ Moda Center
Sept. 13 - Edmonton, AB @ Rogers Place
Sept. 15 - Vancouver, BC @ Rogers Arena
Sept. 17 - Tacoma, WA @ Tacoma Dome
Sept. 20 - Sacramento, CA @ Golden 1 Center
Sept. 23 - San Francisco, CA @ Chase Center
Sept. 24 - San Francisco, CA @ Chase Center
Sept. 27 - Los Angeles, CA @ Staples Center
Sept. 28 - Los Angeles, CA @ Staples Center
Oct. 1 - Las Vegas, NV @ T-Mobile Arena
Oct. 8 - Dallas, TX @ American Airlines Center

I caught the tour in Albany last night. Another tour-de-force multi-media experience from Roger. I thought the band had more energy than the previous couple of tours. And I didn't detect any hint of any pre-recorded vocals as on tours past. There were surround speakers set up which were used in some of the obvious places. They weren't used a lot. (Although where I was sitting in relation to speaker placement I might not have been able to full appreciate it, so maybe there was more than I realized). Spoilers in the section below.....

First off, if Roger's politics offend you (and let's not get into a discussion about that as it's against forum policy), you should probably avoid the tour. Roger, as usual, doesn't hold back. And this really shouldn't surprise anybody by now. He's been making overt political statements in his concerts since the 1987 Radio KAOS tour.

One criticism of his concerts that I've had since his return to touring in 1999, is that there is too much emphasis placed on recreating the original recordings note-for-note. He didn't do that on his 80's tours, and I preferred allowing the musicians to put their own stamp on the material. Especially his 1987 band who were on fire every night. (I saw five nights on that tour, the band was amazing). On this tour, there are certainly many songs that are exactly like the original recordings, but several others ("Comfortably Numb", "The Powers That Be", "The Bravery of Being Out of Range") are offered up in new arrangements which was quite refreshing. More surprising was that a couple of classics that would normally be used to end sets or as encores were offered up quite early in the show. "Comfortably Numb" opened the show, immediately followed by the "Happiest Days/Another Brick" suite. Great! Get them out of the way early. Makes the evening feel less predictable.

The imagery on the video screens was very effective and quite powerful, especially in the first half of the show. The lighting on the band was often kept very low, presumably to place the emphasis on the visuals. I liked the in-the-round set up with the screens above the stage. Of course as is usual with Roger, the screens were often used for socio-political commentary, but on this tour he also used them for some personal anecdotes. I thought this was pretty effective. The other messaging was very powerful and poignant. Roger really excels in this area. If you enjoyed the previous Us & Them tour, you will likely enjoy this as well.

294923847_5832315750115236_7793116005397650477_n.jpg

I caught the tour in Albany last night. Another tour-de-force multi-media experience from Roger. I thought the band had more energy than the previous couple of tours. And I didn't detect any hint of any pre-recorded vocals as on tours past. There were surround speakers set up which were used in some of the obvious places. They weren't used a lot. (Although where I was sitting in relation to speaker placement I might not have been able to full appreciate it, so maybe there was more than I realized). Spoilers in the section below.....

First off, if Roger's politics offend you (and let's not get into a discussion about that as it's against forum policy), you should probably avoid the tour. Roger, as usual, doesn't hold back. And this really shouldn't surprise anybody by now. He's been making overt political statements in his concerts since the 1987 Radio KAOS tour.

One criticism of his concerts that I've had since his return to touring in 1999, is that there is too much emphasis placed on recreating the original recordings note-for-note. He didn't do that on his 80's tours, and I preferred allowing the musicians to put their own stamp on the material. Especially his 1987 band who were on fire every night. (I saw five nights on that tour, the band was amazing). On this tour, there are certainly many songs that are exactly like the original recordings, but several others ("Comfortably Numb", "The Powers That Be", "The Bravery of Being Out of Range") are offered up in new arrangements which was quite refreshing. More surprising was that a couple of classics that would normally be used to end sets or as encores were offered up quite early in the show. "Comfortably Numb" opened the show, immediately followed by the "Happiest Days/Another Brick" suite. Great! Get them out of the way early. Makes the evening feel less predictable.

The imagery on the video screens was very effective and quite powerful, especially in the first half of the show. The lighting on the band was often kept very low, presumably to place the emphasis on the visuals. I liked the in-the-round set up with the screens above the stage. Of course as is usual with Roger, the screens were often used for socio-political commentary, but on this tour he also used them for some personal anecdotes. I thought this was pretty effective. The other messaging was very powerful and poignant. Roger really excels in this area. If you enjoyed the previous Us & Them tour, you will likely enjoy this as well.

View attachment 81474

I have mixed feelings about this. I've already seen him 3 times, and I have tickets for this tour in October.
His production is superB, one of the best out there, really. For someone who was too young to see Pink Floyd when they were a band, this is a perfect opportunity to experience those hits, because who are we lying, we're not there to see him perform his solo material. Though, on the other side of the coin, I wish I was for that. How long can he profit using the Pink Floyd brand? Take Nick Mason for instance, yes, he's/was touring playing Pink Floyd tunes, but at least he's focused on the early days, somewhat different.

In addition to that, his political rants are beginning to get old for me (long overdue lool). Cursing his own fanbase for not liking his political side is the last straw. Prolly gonna enjoy this tour's gig, but not seeing him again after this.

Last edited:
I have mixed feelings about this. I've already seen him 3 times, and I have tickets for this tour in October.
His production is superB, one of the best out there, really. For someone who was too young to see Pink Floyd when they were a band, this is a perfect opportunity to experience those hits, because who are we lying, we're not there to see him perform his solo material. Though, on the other side of the coin, I wish I was for that. How long can he profit using the Pink Floyd brand? Take Nick Mason for instance, yes, he's/was touring playing Pink Floyd tunes, but at least he focused on the early days, something different.

In addition to that, his political rants are beginning to get old for me (long overdue lool). Cursing his own fanbase for not liking his political side is the last straw. Prolly gonna enjoy this tour's gig, but not seeing him again after this.
Same with me. I saw him twice (Pros and Cons and his '17 tour), and have heard enough of the same songs again and again, played by what is really a cover band. And although I agree with a lot of his politics, there comes a time where you have to draw a line between that and the music. So I took a pass on this tour, even though the production I've seen on YT have me regretting it a bit.

I saw him once years ago on his dark side tour.
But I find his politics so offensive that it overrides his music and I skip all his tours
I accept that people have different opinions but I pay to hear music not be a captive audience for his rants. I suspect he has no tolerance for those who disagree with him.

Snaps from the Quebec City gig last Sunday evening. I had a great time. The presentation is quite impressive. I was fortunate to have amazing seats. I was happy with the track selection. There were a few tender moments when Grumps was sharing his memories of him and Sid as young men attending a Rolling Stones gig in 1964. I was touched. It wasn't all piss and vinegar.

IMG_20220717_215428.jpg

received_1960382480821545.jpeg

received_583598093479234.jpeg

IMG_20220717_230945.jpg

I was at that show while on Vacation. Brought my 86 year old mom and the whole family of 8 on the trip. We all loved it.
Just noticed my son in the second photo wearing the light blue mask on the other side of the stage and my wife behind him in the pink mask. To funny.
That is wacky! I'm glad you all enjoyed it.

I've seen him a few times. His shows are magnificent. However, I'm not up for being preached at for 2½ hours, even when I might agree with what he's preaching. As expensive as tickets are, I feel he should just STFU and play his songs and leave the preaching for concerts he plays for free (read: never).
I feel the same way about his preaching as I do for Axl Rose showing up 2 hours late for the concert, disrespect for his paying customers.

I have Tix to the Wells Fargo center on Friday, August 5. I forget how I found out but I've got seats dead center on the proper side of the stage setup if that's what you want to call it. Floor seats would be terrible. My seats are only 13 rows up from the floor. My 17 year old son is two rows behind me and two rows behind him is my girlfriend's son and his girlfriend. My seats are right on the aisle that way I don't have to walk over everybody when I get up but I will now be the "walkee" at the end of the aisle.
One of only two shows I ever got shut out trying to buy tickets outside for the show was Dark Side of the Moon midnight show at Radio City music Hall in New York 1973. I saw Floyd many times including the limited engagement original Wall shows in Long Island's Nassau Mausoleum. You can find my "work" on Yeeshkul under my same name as here.

Back