Music DVD Poll Roger Waters - In The Flesh

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the DVD-V "Roger Waters - In The Flesh (live)"

• Total voters

neil wilkes

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
RogerWaters_Intheflesh.jpg

Please rate this DVD, and where possible include the purchase price

Blimy I had not rated this, i seem to remeber the show being much better 'in the Flesh' than the DVD showed. The guitars had more cruch live. An Ok DVD of the event

Gave it a 9. The only reason it is not a ten is because there is no center channel. Was surprised to find this out. Even gave the disc to a friend to verify, and he agreed. A 4 channel mix. Strange.

I saw Roger live on this tour (Wembley Arena, London) and was overjoyed to find that the DVD did full credit to the live gig, which had the most amazing sound (that's saying something for Wembley!) The concert is made up of around two thirds Floyd material, which is pulled off incredibly well. Some would say better than Floyd did it without Waters (well I do, anyway!) The rest is made up of the best of Roger's solo material, which I happen to think is damned good (if ever-so-slightly hypocritical; how can someone who claims to be so anti-capitalist charge so much for tickets?) The audio, considering it's only DD, is incredibly good. Easily a 9. Hope for a Blu-Ray with hi-res audio one day.

I must admit I didn't know there was an SACD version until I read your post above, Fred. I bet that goes for a tidy penny!

I must admit I didn't know there was an SACD version until I read your post above, Fred. I bet that goes for a tidy penny!

I'd read a review of the SACD (on sa-cd.net) where someone said it was a poor surround mix with very little going on in the centre and rears (which doesn't sound like this DVD at all!) so consequently I don't think it's one many people are falling over themselves to own!

there's only one way to find out if its upto much! I'll stick it on tomorrow :)

Love to know what you think of it, Fred; if it's worth seeking out. There's no centre channel on the DVD and the action in the rears is pretty subtle, but I don't mind because as live performances go it's pretty stunning, imho. Helps that he's one of my favorite artists.

Love to know what you think of it, Fred; if it's worth seeking out. There's no centre channel on the DVD and the action in the rears is pretty subtle, but I don't mind because as live performances go it's pretty stunning, imho. Helps that he's one of my favorite artists.

I'll report back tomorrow, Neil (y)

I'll take some pix of it while I'm at it and put them in my QQ profile photo album too (it looks so lovely in its plastic and slipcase I haven't wanted to touch it since I got it! I know, I'm weird...!) :eek:

Have you got the other Roger Waters SACD set, Neil?

2 SACDs and a DVD, really nice package for PF fans (y)

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

My copy of Ça Ira arrived yesterday and I gave it a very quick spin to make sure the discs were okay. What I heard in that short space of time sounded *very* impressive from a surround perspective. Looking forward to giving it a full listen through.

Having seen Roger Waters at the O2 doing the Wall, In The Flesh is an album I wish I'd bought, but I'm not going to pay £90+ for the sacd. Has anyone seen it cheaper?

Having seen Roger Waters at the O2 doing the Wall, In The Flesh is an album I wish I'd bought, but I'm not going to pay £90+ for the sacd. Has anyone seen it cheaper?

ignore those £90 merchants! you shouldn't have to pay more than about £20-£30 for it nowadays.
I'll keep my eyes peeled for it and PM you if I see one for decent money.

My copy of Ça Ira arrived yesterday and I gave it a very quick spin to make sure the discs were okay. What I heard in that short space of time sounded *very* impressive from a surround perspective. Looking forward to giving it a full listen through.

I'm going to post a load more reviews over at sa-cd.net soon, as I firmly believe a lot of titles (like Ca Ira) there get overlooked by poor reviews of things which put people off some really great things! the worst is people there bashing a disc when they've only played the stereo! ...and we know how many SACDs are only remastered/mixed from the multi's for the surround layer and the stereo is just the latest (usually crappy) CD remaster!

Not detecting a lot of surround sound action. But the sound is great. Who is that young hellbrand on guitar with Snowy White? I actually got to see this tour in Mountain View California.

Back