Roger Waters Us and Them tour concert film! (Blu-Ray release in the Fall)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not good, Amazon SP is showing now a picture of the back of the Blu-ray and not a single reference to the audio formats
This is what I get from DVDAudioExtractor:
1601628158067.png

The stereo track is squashed like the CD (it's just quieter in volume). One of the other two TrueHD tracks must be the Atmos mix. My Cambridge Audio 651 does only recognise TrueHD 7.1, but I'm confident that's the atmos mix. I can see credits for the atmos mix in the liner notes.

I confirm, my Marantz correctly decodes the stream as 7.1, Atmos. I will give it a listen today and report.
What really surprised me is the packaging, it's really flimsy, all cardboard and like 3mm thick maximum. It all smells cheap everywhere...

Ohhh, the effects on the intro song are good in Atmos height speakers. Discreet slide guitar on surround rears in Breathe. So far, I'm liking it, but must return to conference calls shortly.
Cymbals waving to the rear surrounds in One of these days, good stuff!
After despising this release so much in the past, it may turn out having a good mix, unbelievable!

Ohhh, the effects on the intro song are good in Atmos height speakers. Discreet slide guitar on surround rears in Breathe. So far, I'm liking it, but must return to conference calls shortly.
Cymbals waving to the rear surrounds in One of these days, good stuff!
After despising this release so much in the past, it may turn out having a good mix, unbelievable!

Mixing credits are spread among several people, but no Nigel Godrich in the booklet, as far as I have seen

Went to track 16 directly, skipping all the rest to check the deployment of Battersea. Wow, the live power is back, sirens on the ceiling speakers, bass rattling the room, that's how I remembered it from the gig. Sounding excellent again. Pity Jonathan Wilson singing Dogs.. keyboards spread front and rear

Went to track 16 directly, skipping all the rest to check the deployment of Battersea. Wow, the live power is back, sirens on the ceiling speakers, bass rattling the room, that's how I remembered it from the gig. Sounding excellent again. Pity Jonathan Wilson singing Dogs.. keyboards spread front and rear
Ok, so that's different from what I've heard in the 5.1 mix. I also went straight to the deployment of Battersea. Mostly stuff in the front speakers. I'll try the atmos mix, so that the height speakers will be heard in the rear speakers, I guess.

What really surprised me is the packaging, it's really flimsy, all cardboard and like 3mm thick maximum. It all smells cheap everywhere...

Have to agree here.... it’s in packaging that is prone to being bent in the post, and the disc is quite tightly packed in its slot and will be easy to scratch (I’ve already put mine in a separate sleeve!). What a shame it isn’t packaged like David Gilmour’s Live At Pompeii set.

However the film and the sound more than compensate for this...

Welcome to the machine is reference surround material, I'm still amazed, this can be best Roger's live mix.

I kid you not, I was literally in tears when Roger performed that song at the show I went to in 2017. Very rarely has any live performance like that reached so far into my core emotions to make me react in that way.

Welcome to the machine is reference surround material, I'm still amazed, this can be best Roger's live mi
I kid you not, I was literally in tears when Roger performed that song at the show I went to in 2017. Very rarely has any live performance like that reached so far into my core emotions to make me react in that way.
Not my case in this last tour. My surrounding Spaniards at the venue were quite drunk and a quarrel started close to me. I felt completely disconnected with the music (yes, I could have have spat some people, haha) and ended backing up to the rear side of the venue and left before comfortably numb ended. One of my worst memories from a Floyd related gig.
One the other hand, I did shed some tears in the RAH watching David play CN solo like 3 meters away from him.

Back