Roger Waters Us and Them tour concert film! (Blu-Ray release in the Fall)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:love:

IMG_0397.JPEG

Google - “Dolby offers two different 7.1 surround versions. Dolby Digital Plus is the “lossy” version. ... Dolby TrueHD, on the other hand, is lossless. Since no compression is involved, Dolby TrueHD is intended to be identical to the studio master.” Should be 👍🎶🎸😎

The physical release is Blu-ray only (yet) - with Dolby Atmos. 4K is the streaming offer...
The physical release is Blu-ray only (yet) - with Dolby Atmos. 4K is the streaming offer...
I just don't understand why you wouldn't release the best VIDEO option with the best AUDIO option....not one or the other. Makes NO sense.

Everything is fine with this mix.
I‘m only not ok with the dry Godrich drum sound that is not 100% integrated in the live mix.
It‘s a matter of taste.
The atmos mix is very good.
Could be more in the rears.
So the US Blu-ray version DEFINITELY contains the Atmos mix? There are no reviews of the Blu-ray on Amazon. On Amazon UK it's confirmed the Blu-ray has the Dolby Atmos track. A reviewer stated "UK Blu Ray has Dolby Atmos! " and posted picture of the menu showing the Atmos option.

So the US Blu-ray version DEFINITELY contains the Atmos mix? There are no reviews of the Blu-ray on Amazon. On Amazon UK it's confirmed the Blu-ray has the Dolby Atmos track. A reviewer stated "UK Blu Ray has Dolby Atmos! " and posted picture of the menu showing the Atmos option.
I'm from germany...so no 100% guarantee....

So can anyone confirm the Atmos on a US purchased Roger Waters Us + Them Blu-ray? It costs $15 US more to order it from Amazon UK.

First time I received a Blu-Ray that looks like a postcard! I was surprised to see that the disk was there...o_O
I can't read ATMOS on my player so it's not an issue for me. Don't expect a surround mix better than the latest Hackett, but I will enjoy it anyway.

I saw the film possibly edited on sky arts the other night off the back of watching Nicks Blu ray. Underwhelmed to say the least. A cloneathon, all show and no substance, no feeling, no fun.

I think both Roger and Dave have painted themselves into a hits corner. Both seem to concentrate on their Pink Floyd carriers and in particular the 'hits' and don't allow enough for their solo back catalogues into the shows. Rogers KAOS shows were so much more fun.

I saw the film possibly edited on sky arts the other night off the back of watching Nicks Blu ray. Underwhelmed to say the least. A cloneathon, all show and no substance, no feeling, no fun.

I think both Roger and Dave have painted themselves into a hits corner. Both seem to concentrate on their Pink Floyd carriers and in particular the 'hits' and don't allow enough for their solo back catalogues into the shows. Rogers KAOS shows were so much more fun.
Agreed.. Waters shows are mostly theatrics, which is OK. The KAOS tour had its share as well. Why Waters never plays cuts from KAOS is a mystery. I know he's on record as not liking the recording much, but there are some great tracks there, like Home and The Powers That Be. Same with the two early Gilmour solo albums. Why no live Murder. No live Cry From the Street. I can't be the only one who likes this stuff. To his credit though Gilmour does occasionally play some old Floyd-with-Syd cuts.

I just don't understand why you wouldn't release the best VIDEO option with the best AUDIO option....not one or the other. Makes NO sense.
I guess I'm gonna have to try to sync up the 4K stream on the Apple TV with the Atmos mix in the Oppo lmao. I am pleasantly surprised about the Atmos mix though; heard it in the movie theater release, it's excellent!

Agreed.. Waters shows are mostly theatrics, which is OK. The KAOS tour had its share as well. Why Waters never plays cuts from KAOS is a mystery. I know he's on record as not liking the recording much, but there are some great tracks there, like Home and The Powers That Be. Same with the two early Gilmour solo albums. Why no live Murder. No live Cry From the Street. I can't be the only one who likes this stuff. To his credit though Gilmour does occasionally play some old Floyd-with-Syd cuts.
David said he doesn't really identify well with those first two solo albums anymore. I think it similarly applies to some of Roger's solo work.

Back