Rolling Stones 40th Anniversary of “TATTOO YOU” released in October

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

musicmemorabiliashoppellc

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Last edited:
I love this release but this is now the first Deluxe Box Set, very expensive, that I will likely not purchase due to Apple Lossless Music.
I am guessing of course, but I will assume that this release will be available in either 24/48 or 24/192 and possibly an Atmos release.
The only reason for purchase I assume would be for the book, etc stuff. I have plenty of cardboard boxes that get looked at once.
Apple Lossless Music is the Doctor to break the addiction to box sets.

I love this release but this is now the first Deluxe Box Set, very expensive, that I will likely not purchase due to Apple Lossless Music.
I am guessing of course, but I will assume that this release will be available in either 24/48 or 24/192 and possibly an Atmos release.
The only reason for purchase I assume would be for the book, etc stuff. I have plenty of cardboard boxes that get looked at once.
Apple Lossless Music is the Doctor to break the addiction to box sets.

Apple Lossless - not sure what you mean Marpster :unsure:

I admit, I have a ton of holes in my Rolling Stones catalog. But stuff like the more iconic albums (i.e. Sticky Fingers) I've got an original LP, 2 CD versions, the SACD (with a good up-mix I like) and even the Live Blu-ray version.
I don't even own any version of this title (but got the Grrrr! Blu-ray with awful DR numbers on the later songs BTW.)

And T.Y. has a few good songs on it, but it all comes down to mastering for me, and of course "Surround" baby!

So looking into the D.R. database, the 2011 Japan SHM-SACD looks like a good bet, but prices are too steep for my blood.
https://dr.loudness-war.info/album/list/dr-max/desc?artist=Rolling+Stones&album=Tattoo+You
So can't get Started Up; and can Tattoo Me right off this order daddy-O 😛

and @musicmemorabiliashoppellc -isn't there 2 TT's in Tattoo :)

I admit, I have a ton of holes in my Rolling Stones catalog. But stuff like the more iconic albums (i.e. Sticky Fingers) I've got an original LP, 2 CD versions, the SACD (with a good up-mix I like) and even the Live Blu-ray version.
I don't even own any version of this title (but got the Grrrr! Blu-ray with awful DR numbers on the later songs BTW.)

And T.Y. has a few good songs on it, but it all comes down to mastering for me, and of course "Surround" baby!

So looking into the D.R. database, the 2011 Japan SHM-SACD looks like a good bet, but prices are too steep for my blood.
https://dr.loudness-war.info/album/list/dr-max/desc?artist=Rolling+Stones&album=Tattoo+You

Sure is …typo…LOL…fixed :ROFLMAO: (y)

I own that SHM SACD. 👏🏾

And a 126 page book????? What could they possibly put in a 126 page Tome .... Oh, yeah, pages of transferrable temporary TATOOS!

TATOO U, MICK and KEITH!

R.0ec6ae48a3b3d5caba7710e8c7e4a30b

Last edited:
What a missed opportunity. Bob Clearmountain did such an amazing mix on the original album, I was so looking forward to them asking him to do the surround mix. And it’s to the point where if I see Marcussen’s name as mastering engineer, I’m out. He destroyed the latest Who album.
Yep, I sure hope they surround mix Algunas Chicas; just don’t know if I can hold out till the 50th. Of course Let it Bleed also, you just never know with Atmos coming into play more and more.

No surround = GRRR!
I wouldn’t be at all surprised to see Apple and the Stones working out (or having already completed) a deal to each others’ mutual benefit to have an Atmos mix as an Apple Music Exclusive. But since there is no stereo remix this time around like with GHS, maybe they didn’t even bother with pulling the multis. But I can’t imagine the thought never occurred to at least one, if not both camps.

The powers-that-be hate nothing more than the physical disc model. Even if such a deal doesn’t happen with the Stones, exclusive Atmos deals will start happening soon and often.

Back