Rolling Stones 40th Anniversary of “TATTOO YOU” released in October

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

MrSmithers

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Look at the post above yours... :unsure:
Yep looks like its streaming only. I'd imagine it could also on Amazon Music as well as Tidal and Apple Music? Whilst there have been some initial 6 month exclusivity windows for certain albums, I doubt that one streaming service would be able to purchase the rights outright? Even for a company as big as Apple! But we'll see I guess. I hope not just for the competition.

Not been able to check out the Atmos mix on this song yet, but it doesn't sound encouraging. Hopefully the proper album gets more of a surround workout. :cool:

marcb

300 Club - QQ All-Star
Yep looks like its streaming only. I'd imagine it could also on Amazon Music as well as Tidal and Apple Music? Whilst there have been some initial 6 month exclusivity windows for certain albums, I doubt that one streaming service would be able to purchase the rights outright? Even for a company as big as Apple! But we'll see I guess. I hope not just for the competition.

Not been able to check out the Atmos mix on this song yet, but it doesn't sound encouraging. Hopefully the proper album gets more of a surround workout. :cool:
95% of the interest in most albums is in the first 6 months. So who cares after that.

Nevertheless we certainly see exclusivity with video...how long before audio streaming services start partnering with labels and bands and begin bankrolling audio production costs in exchange for long term streaming exclusivity? I say sooner than later.

I’m sure the deluxe album will be on Amazon...in stereo. It’ll be everywhere. But I was only talking about the Atmos mix being exclusive to Apple Music. And Amazon doesn’t do surround...yet. Is it in surround on Tidal?

But my real overriding point was the Atmos mix could be a streaming only deal - with no physical release. Looks like I may have been right.

Get used to it unfortunately.

deepsky4565

300 Club - QQ All-Star
Since 2002/2003
Checked out on Tidal, wow very poor surround. Maybe that's why they didn't release it in the box. Hang Fire, my favorite song on the album, basically is just piano and backing vocals in the back channels, and the center is silent. It's like a committee mixed the surround, and most wanted everything up front. With such sparse surround channels, the levels are very low, because much louder, it sounds unnatural. No lie, some upmixes blow this away. Very disappointed.

zimmy

I am very pleased with how the album sounds in Dolby Atmos on Tidal compared to the 24-44 tracks i bought from HDtracks. There are some discrete moments on some songs. But for me the main thing is that the sound quality is better in Dolby Atmos. Suddenly the album is having good bass compared to every version i have heard before. The extra tracks are on some tracks really good with discreet audio. For me this was fantastic to discover but i would really want to have this at least as files to listen too. If someone can download this somehow i would really want it. I can´t say i am satisfied with just renting this album in this audio quality.

marcb

300 Club - QQ All-Star
I am very pleased with how the album sounds in Dolby Atmos on Tidal compared to the 24-44 tracks i bought from HDtracks. There are some discrete moments on some songs. But for me the main thing is that the sound quality is better in Dolby Atmos. Suddenly the album is having good bass compared to every version i have heard before. The extra tracks are on some tracks really good with discreet audio. For me this was fantastic to discover but i would really want to have this at least as files to listen too. If someone can download this somehow i would really want it. I can´t say i am satisfied with just renting this album in this audio quality.
Well, the stereo 24/44 are squashed beyond belief, so that’s a pretty low bar.

Neverthelesss, I just getting around to listening to the Atmos mix. I don’t know what people expect. A number of the songs are just vocals, bass, drums, and 2 guitar tracks. There’s just not much to most of it.

But I like what they did with what they had. And like many more subtle surround mixes, the louder I listen to it, the better it works. I’m hearing more air, noticably better imaging, and a bigger soundstage than the stereo mix. There is tasteful use of the other speakers when the nature of recording allows for it (Slave and the side 2 songs are nice). I haven’t really listened to the bonus tracks yet.

I don’t need to have - nor do I want - instruments coming discretely from every direction if it doesn’t fit the music or recording. I listen to the music, not my system.

marksk

Slightly off topic but I saw this today. If you're not familiar with the Boston Dynamics robots prepare to be amazed. I've seen them before and I'm still amazed by them