Rolling Stones Goats Head Soup Deluxe Edition (with 5.1 & Dolby Atmos mixes!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only Rolling Stones album that IMHO would benefit from a multichannel mix is Exile, just because it is so congested and could use an opening up and ideally an immersive mix. These days I believe that mch mixes should be immersive, not just having instruments and vocals distributed discretely among the channels. Not all music is suited for immersive mixes.

I will pass on this. If they ever release it as a single disc I would get it (ditto for so many other 5.1 releases that are part of expensive boxsets, no hope at all it will happen).

Proufo, if the SACD 5.1 remix of Sympathy for the Devil from Beggars Banquet is any indication of what can be accomplished with 5.1 remixes of the Stones catalogue, I'd say BRING THEM ALL ON ....but do we REALLY need separate pricey box sets for each album????? HELL, NO!😈

91-rt8nxYrL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
I'm not the world's biggest Stone's fan I like the early Blues stuff more (as I kid I have a recollection of them winning best up and coming group on Ready Steady Go - at least I think I do!). I saw them in 1976 at Knebworth and was disappointed. Their last album of Blues tracks "Blue & Lonesome" was excellent, and I like the new track "Living In A Ghost Town". But I really like Goats Head Soup, so ordered it.

I'm not the world's biggest Stone's fan I like the early Blues stuff more (as I kid I have a recollection of them winning best up and coming group on Ready Steady Go - at least I think I do!). I saw them in 1976 at Knebworth and was disappointed. Their last album of Blues tracks "Blue & Lonesome" was excellent, and I like the new track "Living In A Ghost Town". But I really like Goats Head Soup, so ordered it.

DUNC, haven't seen the Stones LIVE in years but did manage to watch this amazing rollicking BD~V from the Stones tour in Havana, Cuba, and even though the boys ALL look like they're on Life Support [Jagger is positively emaciated], the energy they put forth and Richard's simply astounding guitar riffs was well worth the ride!

91s4A8Mvj%2BL._SL1500_.jpg

Back