Rolling Stones Goats Head Soup Deluxe Edition (with 5.1 & Dolby Atmos mixes!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A bit pricey for me until I win the lottery:ROFLMAO:......even though you get 2 extra tracks and SHM....I find that lots of SHM dont sound great....but if they had a 3D standie such that came with Sgt. Peppers, I might go for it :love:
I’ve found that SHM titles can be a real crap shoot. Some are just too bright and harsh sounding to me and others sound incredible.
It still comes down to who mastered it; because after all SHM, is really no more than a protective coating IMO, it doesn’t affect the sound quality, but over time may be a better protection from disc rot. Only time will tell. They also make the claim that it’s more transparent for the Laser to pick up the 0s & 1s, but sorry, I just don’t buy that BS; either it reads it or it doesn’t!

Last edited:
I’ve found that SHM titles can be a real crap shoot. Some are just too bright and harsh sounding to me and others sound incredible.
It still comes down to who mastered it; because after all SHM, is really no more than a protective coating IMO, it doesn’t affect the sound quality, but over time may be a better protection from disc rot. Only time will tell. They also make the claim that it’s more transparent for the Laser to pick up the 0s & 1s, but sorry, I just don’t buy that BS; either it reads it or it doesn’t!

I agree that the "protective coating" talk is just marketing....but they used to offer better packaging...by that I mean "nicer"...the mastering "used" to be good...but it has changed(like the current "modern" mastering technique)too..

Hey all - I've mostly been gone, traveling with work. Tried to read some of the thread. Does anyone know the current best price? Musicmemo found it pretty reasonable at udiscover. Seems that might be cheapest, when you add the 20% discount. When I take it to checkout, with tax, I get $95.63 shipped.

What you all think?

I agree that the "protective coating" talk is just marketing....but they used to offer better packaging...by that I mean "nicer"...the mastering "used" to be good...but it has changed(like the current "modern" mastering technique)too..
I have some of the 2019 Elton John titles in SHM CD, and I like the mastering on those, (our friend @fredblue) may have a different opinion, but they also have good DR numbers. But, back to the Stones’ titles; many have awful DR, like the compilation BD called GRRR! 😡 just the worst, so let’s hope this new set will be decent, I’m not even expecting good.

Hey all - I've mostly been gone, traveling with work. Tried to read some of the thread. Does anyone know the current best price? Musicmemo found it pretty reasonable at udiscover. Seems that might be cheapest, when you add the 20% discount. When I take it to checkout, with tax, I get $95.63 shipped.

What you all think?
I’m thinking it’s still early, I’m gonna hold out a couple more weeks; isn’t the release sometime in September? Glad to hear from you, you back home now?

What you all think?
Yup....thats it thats the BEST price so far.....

I have some of the 2019 Elton John titles in SHM CD, and I like the mastering on those, (our friend @fredblue) may have a different opinion, but they also have good DR numbers. But, back to the Stones’ titles; many have awful DR, like the compilation BD called GRRR! 😡 just the worst, so let’s hope this new set will be decent, I’m not even expecting good.

yeah though i'm very much in the minority on the SHF about them, other than Blue Moves which is great and the best digital version i have (still prefer the original Rocket UK LPs) i'm not a megafan of the EJ 2019 SHM's I've heard.

i was initially impressed and they are nice and certainly better than Gus' remasters but once i started comparing them to the DJM CDs and the old DJM LPs, they were just too polite sounding and mostly a bit dull.

Caribou in particular totally had its balls chopped off, there's no top end sparkle and life to it. the SHM is too smooth, whereas the original's all things bright and beautiful..!!

yeah though i'm very much in the minority on the SHF about them, other than Blue Moves which is great and the best digital version i have (still prefer the original Rocket UK LPs) i'm not a megafan of the EJ 2019 SHM's I've heard.

i was initially impressed and they are nice and certainly better than Gus' remasters but once i started comparing them to the DJM CDs and the old DJM LPs, they were just too polite sounding and mostly a bit dull.

Caribou in particular totally had its balls chopped off, there's no top end sparkle and life to it. the SHM is too smooth, whereas the original's all things bright and beautiful..!!
told ya :)

Don’t they understand how things work-
Buy now, pay later... much much later :SG

Well, let me tell you about making multiple orders and you then cancel them to get the cheapest one.....I used to do that...I no longer do it....you know I always love to chase the best deal...but one time here on the forum Bullmoose had the best early price...so a LOT of people ordered from them...then at the last moment another outlet came in with a cheaper price...and most of the people dumped them and took the cheaper deal...it wasn't a lot cheaper...as a result it really hurt Bullmoose....they aren't one of the giants...like amazon...but they do their best to make up for it by giving good customer service and you can actually pick up the phone and talk to them...

I saw a similar thing in the video world...brick and mortal companies...like Best Buy...used to have a liberal return policy for their TVs...so many people starting buying these sets to try them out and then returned them and bought the same tv online...so then these outlets changed the return policy..

My point is that actions like the ones I mentioned... can result in policy changes...sooner or later they will all charge you when you place an order....

Back