Rolling Stones Goats Head Soup Deluxe Edition (with 5.1 & Dolby Atmos mixes!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, let me tell you about making multiple orders and you then cancel them to get the cheapest one.....I used to do that...I no longer do it....you know I always love to chase the best deal...but one time here on the forum Bullmoose had the best early price...so a LOT of people ordered from them...then at the last moment another outlet came in with a cheaper price...and most of the people dumped them and took the cheaper deal...it wasn't a lot cheaper...as a result it really hurt Bullmoose....they aren't one of the giants...like amazon...but they do their best to make up for it by giving good customer service and you can actually pick up the phone and talk to them...

I saw a similar thing in the video world...brick and mortal companies...like Best Buy...used to have a liberal return policy for their TVs...so many people starting buying these sets to try them out and then returned them and bought the same tv online...so then these outlets changed the return policy..

My point is that actions like the ones I mentioned... can result in policy changes...sooner or later they will all charge you when you place an order....
Brick 🧱 and Mortal - oh boy... nailed it

Shut!

The following post on iorr.org suggests that the ATMOS mix was done by Giles Martin: Criss Cross - out July 9, 2020

"So last year I was lucky enough to hear Sgt Pepper in Dolby ATMOS at Abbey Road. I then got to interview Giles Martin, son of George, who'd mixed it. They then set up a room in Liverpool over Christmas for the public to hear it. Giles said then he was working on a GHS Dolby ATMOS mix with Mick. The Pepper mix was the coolest thing ever. But you need a room with around 50 speakers to hear it properly ie a cinema (they had a special listening room set up at Abbey Road). So I'm wondering where we can hear the Dolby ATMOS version of GHS? It would be spectacular!"

If that was true, why wouldn't they be advertising his name? Frankly, I'd rather it was Bob Clearmountain.

Here's one of the outtakes.

Don't care for it. I can see why it didn't make the original album.

And is it just me, or does it seem like YouTube is making you watch a lot more ads lately?

Also, Billboard ran an article about the box set. No mention of the 5.1 mix. It's a sad state of affairs when one of the music industry's most prominent publications doesn't think that surround sound isn't even worth mentioning. 🤬

Last edited:
There's a lot of love for Clearmountain here. Don't forget he's also the guy who ruined all 80s music with his pioneering of the deafening reverse-gate snare sound. That meant almost anything I heard from when I was 15 to 25 years old was unlistenable. He destroyed my youth!

I also wasn't impressed with his "Music from Big Pink" surround mix, although his "The Band" album remix was better. Maybe it was a fault of the source tapes.

Have you heard of an album called Avalon by Roxy Music? Have you heard the 5.1 mix?

Hummm....Giles eh
I ain't one for knocking folk too much but in this case I'll pass until the QQ reviews are in.
I'm not sure Giles has completely nailed the art of Atmos mixing.
Especially if the INXS concert is anything to go by...The Atmos is non existent!!

Fingers crossed he's nailed this one..if indeed it his him who has his fingerprints on it.

Here's one of the outtakes.

Don't care for it. I can see why it didn't make the original album.

And is it just me, or does it seem like YouTube is making you watch a lot more ads lately?

Also, Billboard ran an article about the box set. No mention of the 5.1 mix. It's a sad state of affairs when one of the music industry's most prominent publications doesn't think that surround sound isn't even worth mentioning. 🤬

Yeah, but I had to scrub that Stones Party Package at a few spots 👅
Hey, It’s Only Rock ‘n Roll
*and this old Goat 🐐 is old but I ain’t dead 💀 yet!

Got my cranky pants on today...

So they are marketing this as :

A single LP $25 list price
A 2-LP set $36
A 4-LP deluxe set $125
A single cassette tape $13 (Really? Why not 8-track?)
A single CD $13
A 2-CD set $20
A 3-CD + BluRay deluxe $150

But no option for just the BluRay, which is what most people here want. You gotta buy the ridiculously marked up price of the deluxe set.
Frustrating to say the least.

I gotta go change my pants now.

You should be crying TEARS of JOY out Loud for Mick 'n the Boy's concession to finally releasing something/anything in Surround.
Unless you don’t count several versions of Sympathy For The Devil and 15 or so live recordings as “something/anything”...

Got my cranky pants on today...

So they are marketing this as :

A single LP $25 list price
A 2-LP set $36
A 4-LP deluxe set $125
A single cassette tape $13 (Really? Why not 8-track?)
A single CD $13
A 2-CD set $20
A 3-CD + BluRay deluxe $150

But no option for just the BluRay, which is what most people here want. You gotta buy the ridiculously marked up price of the deluxe set.
Frustrating to say the least.

I gotta go change my pants now.
I know its a joke.
The bonus is that at least the did add vinyl to the blu ray box.
I have ordered because its the Stones shame its not grade A Stones but B Grade but ill take it

Just supported THE STONES with a $97 contribution to the Old Goats' retirement Fund.

See the source image

Last edited:
Back