Rolling Stones Goats Head Soup Deluxe Edition (with 5.1 & Dolby Atmos mixes!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Done...ordered from udiscovermusic.com. Guess we can always back out and cancel the order if a better price is found...

Screen Shot 2020-07-10 at 6.16.01 PM.png

Done...ordered from udiscovermusic.com. Guess we can always back out and cancel the order if a better price is found...

View attachment 53790

I still think it's a GREAT DEAL, Eric, as ImportCD usually has the BEST PRICES around but that $95.40 delivered price is roughly $25 cheaper than even ImportCD with s/h + tax, added.

I still think it's a GREAT DEAL, Eric, as ImportCD usually has the BEST PRICES around but that $95.40 delivered price is roughly $25 cheaper than even ImportCD with s/h + tax, added.
Agreed, and even though a c-note is a bit steep for a single album, I'll cough it up to show support for surround sound and Rolling Stones in surround sound!!

Agreed, and even though a c-note is a bit steep for a single album, I'll cough it up to show support for surround sound and Rolling Stones in surround sound!!

The ALMIGHTY only knows how much I've spent on the Stones Catalogue over the years in almost every conceivable format including those VERY pricey Japanese STEREO SHM~SACDs which used to be $60 each when they were first announced [NOW they're half that].

See the source image

The ALMIGHTY only knows how much I've spent on the Stones Catalogue over the years in almost every conceivable format including those VERY pricey Japanese STEREO SHM~SACDs which used to be $60 each when they were first announced [NOW they're half that].

See the source image
I paid $60 for Aja on CDJapan...loved those green discs o_O

I paid $60 for Aja on CDJapan...loved those green discs o_O

I bought a slew of those SHM~SACDs when they WERE $60 a pop and in reality, according to bmoura, Universal pressed them on blank DVDs in their own pressing plants and of course added the green ink overlay and that special deluxe packaging. Probably cost Universal pennies on the dollar to produce as they didn't have to pay SONY for SACD replication.

But they did sound SUPERB, AJA included!

But the BUMMER, CLINTY, Universal didn't release a one in multichannel. Imagine how AWESOME they would've sounded.

Last edited:
Well that sucks! It appears if you used the UD20OFF code before from them (when I got The Band box set release) you cannot use it again.

Thanks a lot Universal............. :mad:

Bummer, INDEED, Jon, but thanks to QQ Poster MM for the discount code as that $22.49 will support my fussy cat, Grey Matter's Fancy Feast diet, her soft treats and help defray the cost of cat litter for at least a couple o' weeks and will furthermore burden my overstuffed music shelves with yet another .... pricey.....boxset!

See the source image
THANKS Musicmemorabiliashoppelic

To hear the Stones in 5.1 and mixed by Bob Clearmountain is a special treat. Unexpected, and it bodes well for Tattoo You. Even Emotional Rescue might come off pretty damn great in 5.1 imo. And Black and Blue might be realistic now that I think about it.

To hear the Stones in 5.1 and mixed by Bob Clearmountain is a special treat. Unexpected, and it bodes well for Tattoo You. Even Emotional Rescue might come off pretty damn great in 5.1 imo. And Black and Blue might be realistic now that I think about it.
So is it gonna be Giles Martin or Clearmountain for the 5.1 mix? Don’t think they’d have one do 5.1 and the other the Atmos would they?

You know you’re old when you start bitchin’ about a $100 box set in these days. It still sounds like a lot of money to me, so I must be a real tight wad or something. But I also get most folks here only want the BD (myself included.). But consider all the folks that have to get paid to make something like this happen. The cost of promotion, the art work & packaging, the label’s profit cut, the engineers, The Rolling Stones get their cut, on and on. So is it really an unreasonable price? But I just don’t need 4 rolled posters, LPs etc etc. Just some early morning reflections for me :unsure:

So is it gonna be Giles Martin or Clearmountain for the 5.1 mix? Don’t think they’d have one do 5.1 and the other the Atmos would they?
I thought I heard it was Clearmountain. Did some news break that it was Martin doing the Atmos mix?

Back