Rolling Stones Goats Head Soup Deluxe Edition (with 5.1 & Dolby Atmos mixes!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Perhaps Tattoo You is up next? According to Rolling Stone:

Wood said that the Stones are working on the 40th-anniversary edition of Tattoo You. “Me and Mick have done nine new tracks [for it],” he said. A rep for the Rolling Stones had no information on the Tattoo You reissue, but the band has gone into the studio in recent years to flesh out vintage tunes on box sets for Exile on Main Street and other classic Stones albums.

Perhaps Tattoo You is up next?
And according to SuperDeluxeEdition:

Last year’s Goats Head Soup reissue broke new ground by including a 5.1 surround mix of the album. We will await details of the Tattoo You box set with interest. There’s have a chance Universal Music could announce it in a month’s time, on the exact 40th anniversary of the UK release.

And according to SuperDeluxeEdition:

Last year’s Goats Head Soup reissue broke new ground by including a 5.1 surround mix of the album. We will await details of the Tattoo You box set with interest. There’s have a chance Universal Music could announce it in a month’s time, on the exact 40th anniversary of the UK release.
Well it actually did not have a 5.1 mix.

No dice for 5.1 or Atmos mixes with the Tattoo You deluxe edition...

81rRSrdCtML._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Tattoo You celebrates 40 years with the release of a brand new Super Deluxe 4CD Boxset which includes the newly remastered version of Tattoo You, Lost & Found, Still Life: Wembley Stadium 1982 plus a bonus Picture Disc pressing of Tattoo You and a 124 Page Book featuring over 200 rare photos from recording sessions & world tour + interviews with producer Chris Kimsey & photographer Hubert Kretzscmar. The package includes a special lenticular sleeve.

Tattoo You celebrates 40 years with the release of a brand new Super Deluxe 4CD Boxset which includes the newly remastered version of Tattoo You, Lost & Found, Still Life: Wembley Stadium 1982 plus a bonus Picture Disc pressing of Tattoo You and a 124 Page Book featuring over 200 rare photos from recording sessions & world tour + interviews with producer Chris Kimsey & photographer Hubert Kretzscmar. The package includes a special lenticular sleeve.
Is the BOOK glued to the case this time?! And no multichannel?! I’ll pass

Link please

I got GHS for $70 with the buy 2 get 3 offer. But not too interested if there’s no surround. I already have the stereo SACD. It’s difficult to say which is a favorite Stones album. I’ll be all into one, and then like another better. Maybe “Black And Blue” if I had to choose one.

Thank you @rtbluray Ryan,
I love this release but this is now the first Deluxe Box Set, very expensive, that I will likely not purchase due to Apple Lossless Music.
I am guessing of course, but I will assume that this release will be available in either 24/48 or 24/192 and possibly an Atmos release.
The only reason for purchase I assume would be for the book, etc stuff. I have plenty of cardboard boxes that get looked at once.
Apple Lossless Music is the Doctor to break the addiction to box sets.

It should be interesting to know if they went with the same cheap manufacturing of the book and box of GHS. And no protection for the box for shipping.

GHS might have worked out better if there was a dedicated 5.1 mix as advertised. I hope this is not the last of the Stones in surround.

As far as these box sets go, I’ve got to really want a title, and there better be Surround in there. You start off going to the record store, and the next thing you know, your home starts looking like a record store.

It should be interesting to know if they went with the same cheap manufacturing of the book and box of GHS. And no protection for the box for shipping.

GHS might have worked out better if there was a dedicated 5.1 mix as advertised. I hope this is not the last of the Stones in surround.

As far as these box sets go, I’ve got to really want a title, and there better be Surround in there. You start off going to the record store, and the next thing you know, your home starts looking like a record store.

I don't think the GHS issue was the lack of a 5.1 mix. A 5.1 mix was included in the All Things Must Pass reissue, but the majority of posters here prefer the 7.1/Atmos, even on 5.1 setups. GHS multichannel had other problems too. Most good 7.1/Atmos mixes down-mix to less speakers just fine.

In my situation, I was good with the Atmos downmix with about 10 year old modern equipment. It gave me more of a 3 channel effect, with Mick’s vocals in the center channel. I also only paid about $70 with Amazon’s 2 for 3 offer.

But it was advertised as having a 5.1 mix, which for many members meant a dedicated mix. Those who paid top dollar $150, received a damaged box, because the cardboard around it wasn’t made for shipping. Add to that, a non-glossy book glued to the box. My book has a split in it. Great idea, the whole package, just poorly executed IMHO. That said, I recommend GHS, just not for $150, but the 70 bucks I paid.

Back