Rolling Stones - Rock N Roll Circus - CD/DVD/Blu-Ray 4 disc set

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Marpow [Mark] listened to it and WAS NOT AT ALL IMPRESSED. He said he was sorry he invested the $$$$$. But Audiophile Audition, OTOH, gave it a glowing 5 star review. Go figure. I'm still awaiting my stand alone BD~V from Music Direct which I should have by next week. To me, the box set with the extra DVD was OVERKILL!

https://www.audaud.com/the-rolling-stones-rock-and-roll-circus-abkco-records/
Arrived today from Germany. Won’t get to listen until Monday. I have to admit that I’ve set the bar lower as a fan of Lennon and Brian Jones.

After my upgrade to Dolby Atmos i had really hoped this one to sound good. But why they made an mono version out of this in Atmos is unbelieavable. If i switch over to the stereo version which i still get out in all speakers everything sounds as good as i had hoped for. So fake surround sounds best on this one for me. But how good it could have sound with an proper Atmos mix is something i guess we will never know.....

After my upgrade to Dolby Atmos i had really hoped this one to sound good. But why they made an mono version out of this in Atmos is unbelieavable. If i switch over to the stereo version which i still get out in all speakers everything sounds as good as i had hoped for. So fake surround sounds best on this one for me. But how good it could have sound with an proper Atmos mix is something i guess we will never know.....

I listened to it in [?] 5.1 and it WAS PURE MONO. It was originally recorded for British Television so doubtful it was even stereo .... but at least the image was fine ..... considering.

I listened to it in [?] 5.1 and it WAS PURE MONO. It was originally recorded for British Television so doubtful it was even stereo .... but at least the image was fine ..... considering.

Yes and that is why i prefer to listen to the stereo track instead of the 5.1 track. First i listened to it on my old equipment which hadn´t Dolby Atmos and found the stereo track to be better than in 5.1. I thought that when i could hear it with Dolby Atmos functionality things would get better but it was still in mono. But as i said my receiver plays everything in all speakers even if i play the stereo track so i get an fake surround sound which sounds much better that the boring mono Atmos sound.
It is an missed opportunity for this film as for example Roger Waters concert film The wall, which also has Dolby Atmos, sounds incredible now compared to how it was before i upgraded my system.

Last edited:
Back