BluRay Music Video Poll Rolling Stones - SHINE A LIGHT [dts HD Master Audio]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the Blu-Ray Disc of the Rolling Stones - SHINE A LIGHT

• 10 - Great Sound, Great Surround, Great Content & Picture

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 7 -

• 5 -

• 4 -

• 3 -

• 2 -

• 1 - Poor Sound, Poor Surround, Poor content and picture

• Total voters

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
Please post your thoughts and comments on this Blu-Ray music/concert video, released in DTS HD Master Audio and TrueHD Surround! :smokin

Attachments

• RollingStones.jpg
    RollingStones.jpg
    161.4 KB · Views: 482
I love it.

Beautifully filmed. Top notch picture quality.

Content includes some of their lesser-played material (I think Clinton requested a whack of the 'Some Girls' tracks :))

No, they're not the prettiest bunch of dudes (they have done a bit more 'living' than most of us), but they are still tight as a band.

The vintage clips inserted are priceless.

The dts-HD Master Audio track output optically as a dts core track sounds as you would expect a live performance to sound (with emphasis switching as the shots move to an individual's performance)... it's a movie remember.

You can tell that the boys had Marty jumping for some of the shots. Very well done.

I thought the video quality was great, the song selection was pretty good and the sound quality was generally decent overall, BUT... the way the sound was mixed had Keith Richards power strums overly amplified anytime he had a close up. This seemed to make the mix feel out of whack, like suddenly the viewer is jolted anytime we see him (Although, I just read filper's statement above about "a dts core track sound(ing) as you would expect a live performance to sound" so maybe I don't know what I'm talking about.) Also, the whole "Martin Scorsese is frantically making a film and you should be in awe" posturing thing was unnecessary. As ancient as they are, they put on a good show and the disc was well worth the purchase.

I rented this one, a $2 Blockbuster Online rental for 2 weeks and I like it a lot. In high definition, these guys look like they could be cast in George Romero's next Zombie movie, without the need of makeup. Women actually are attracted to Ronnie Wood and Keith Richards? I wish I could have been a rock and roll star, but what a great show this is. There are some issues with the mix, the vocals aren't much, but the energy and excitement is amazing considering these are 60 something guys that have been doing this for over 40 years. Blu-ray with high definition video and lossless audio is the best way yet to watch a concert, I like this much better than being there live personally. I give it an 8, everything considered.

Chris

... Blu-ray with high definition video and lossless audio is the best way yet to watch a concert, I like this much better than being there live personally. I give it an 8, everything considered.

Chris

Absolutely (I don't have and HDMI receiver yet). It's nice to have the remote in your hand.

I really don't enjoy live concerts at all anymore. TOO FREAKIN' LOUD !! I wear earplugs and just feel the bass. Works for me.

I wasn't too keen on live concerts even when I was a kid. Jeez, they don't HAVE to be that LOUD.

I really don't enjoy live concerts at all anymore. TOO FREAKIN' LOUD !! I wear earplugs and just feel the bass. Works for me.

I wasn't too keen on live concerts even when I was a kid. Jeez, they don't HAVE to be that LOUD.

There's no shame in earplugs! My wife and I use them at concerts most of the time. Some artist play at reasonable levels and yet others at absurdly loud levels. I like to protect my hearing for critical listening at home. ;)

Dennis

Didn't expect much performance wise from the band on this disc but was sometimes pleasantly suprised.

IMO Keith's lack of commitment is what's wrong with this band. So sick of seeing him propping his arm on Ronnie and laughing in the middle of a song while ignoring his part irks me to no end. I could rant on but won't.

The mix needs improvement, a sonic sludge. Picture /camera work was very good.

Setlist was ok, and if you gotta have guest performers, they did well I thought.

I gave this a 7, liked it mostly overall, but the sound and a lack of caring by their guitarist left me wanting more.

Bob

love the stones! grew up with them. one of 1st albums was the stones in like 1964-5. the day when they really did play 19th nerv. breakdown on am radio! BUT! I cannot stand looking at these old farts anymore! I don't know what happened. I suppose it's too close to home in age?
I truly feel they just do not know when to call it quits, and that should have been in the late 80's, when they all still looked good!
Now is like a old folks home show or something! way too much, way too far, way too long.
The last show I enjoyed was the babylon tour on HBO.

Back