Rolling Stones Goats Head Soup Deluxe Edition (with 5.1 & Dolby Atmos mixes!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Perfect! The more folks that write in to them, or follow up to let them know we have not forgotten, the better the chance Universal will make good on the advertised product.

But this is REALLY a UNIVERSAL issue affecting multiple world wide vendors who falsely advertise this disc. Hopefully Universal/Apple will issue a replacement but based on past track records ..... wouldn't hold my breath.

I do feel for all the vendors who have to deal with this shortcoming and based on recent surround releases which falsely advertise CODECS which aren't even prevalent on the disc, wish the powers that be who assemble these sets would get their collective acts together [i.e. advertising discs as DVD~Audio when they're REALLY DVD~Vs with LOSSY DTS/DD 5.1 ..... ALL TOO COMMON].

But this is REALLY a UNIVERSAL issue affecting multiple world wide vendors who falsely advertise this disc. Hopefully Universal/Apple will issue a replacement but based on past track records ..... wouldn't hold my breath.

I do feel for all the vendors who have to deal with this shortcoming and based on recent surround releases which falsely advertise CODECS which aren't even prevalent on the disc, wish the powers that be who assemble these sets would get their collective acts together [i.e. advertising discs as DVD~Audio when they're REALLY DVD~Vs with LOSSY DTS/DD 5.1 ..... ALL TOO COMMON].

The key here is that my screenshot is directly from the Rolling Stones official website store, which makes it all the worse. 3rd party vendors like Amazon, Bull Moose, Best Buy, Import CD's, etc are only using and relying on the copy sent to them from Universal/Rolling Stones to market the set on their websites.

Truly a universal issue and false advertising that started from the music studio itself.

The key here is that my screenshot is directly from the Rolling Stones official website store, which makes it all the worse. 3rd party vendors like Amazon, Bull Moose, Best Buy, Import CD's, etc are only using and relying on the copy sent to them from Universal/Rolling Stones to market the set on their websites.

Truly a universal issue and false advertising that started from the music studio itself.

I absolutely AGREE, Eric, there is a TOTAL DISCONNECT between the engineers who author the discs and the personnel who assemble not only the liner notes but the actual CODECS contained on those discs. And from what I've read, IT'S RAMPANT on more than half of the surround discs released.

It's become a joke that so many discs advertised as DVD~A are in fact DVD~Vs with LOSSY codecs and now with this ATMOS 'situation' failing properly to 'fold down' into 5.1 is C R A Z Y ! ATMOS is relatively NEW and the majority of surround afficiandos don't have it and have to suffer the consequences of being cheated out of 'vital' surround info.

But how does one EDUCATE those in charge that this practice IS unacceptable. And is this basically a UNIVERSAL [UMG] thingy or has it invaded SONY and WARNER?

Hope your letters help but methinks UNIVERSAL IS THE CULPRIT and should be the focus of our letter writing campaign!

I just re-upped my email to them...been 5 weeks with no response.
View attachment 57823
My canned response today:

Elsa (uDiscover Music)
Oct 14, 2020, 5:55 PM EDT
Hi Steve,

Thanks for your patience. We are looking into this for you and will be back in touch with an update as soon as possible! Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns in the meantime.

Thank you for your patience and support,
Elsa + uDiscover Music

⬆ This right here is what makes the cost of this set disgusting at $125+ ⬆

(P.S. plus the falsely advertised DTS-HA MA 5.1 which is nowhere to be found on this set)
View attachment 57821
My canned response today:

Elsa (uDiscover Music)
Oct 14, 2020, 5:55 PM EDT
Hi Steve,

Thanks for your patience. We are looking into this for you and will be back in touch with an update as soon as possible! Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns in the meantime.

Elsa + uDiscover Music
Steve please keep us all updated, on this matter....good for you for contacting them and being so patient!!! :love: :SB:bowing:

Steve please keep us all updated, on this matter....good for you for contacting them and being so patient!!! :love: :SB:bowing:
I did it based previous posters actions, but suspect in the end it will be an exercise futility also previously posted. But we should all at least try. Such a shame at what they released.

We shall soon see what are the proposed next steps...hmmmmmmm..."They will be able to assist."
Screen Shot 2020-10-14 at 8.41.56 PM.png

We shall soon see what are the proposed next steps...hmmmmmmm..."They will be able to assist."
View attachment 57863
The latest from uDiscover:
mail
Devin (uDiscover Music)
Oct 26, 2020, 4:04 PM EDT
Hi Steve,

Thanks for your patience. We are reaching out to reassure you that we are still looking into this for you. We will be back in touch with an update as soon as possible!

Our apologies for any inconvenience this may cause. Please feel free to contact us with any additional questions or concerns in the meantime.

Devin + uDiscover Music

I’m surprised by the response. You would think they would just forget about it. I mean there’s nothing we can do at this point. However, if they offer a refund I’m taking it! Fat chance though...

Nothing particularly revelatory, but when I was discussing the KBFH quad mix of the Brussels show earlier in this thread, I had this really strong deja vu sense that I'd read somewhere that Mick Jagger was involved with the mix. While searching for something entirely unrelated, I happened to stumble on the article that I must've read at some point to put that idea in my head - the proof is in the final sentence.

1603749694797.png

Nothing particularly revelatory, but when I was discussing the KBFH quad mix of the Brussels show earlier in this thread, I had this really strong deja vu sense that I'd read somewhere that Mick Jagger was involved with the mix. While searching for something entirely unrelated, I happened to stumble on the article that I must've read at some point to put that idea in my head - the proof is in the final sentence.

View attachment 58552
Huh, well why didn't we get that KBFH SQ Quad mix? 😒

That's great!! Probably so few complaints have been sent in to Universal Music, that they can refund a couple dozen people and close the books on a huge false advertising situation that will eventually disappear.

Or the inverse might occur. Since SO few surround discs have been released and more than a few have had authoring probems of one sort or another, they will just stop producing multichannel discs altogether citing NOT REALLY WORTH THE BOTHER. And this also includes BD~A disc rot which has occurred on way more than just a few discs.

And wouldn't THAT be a PITY?

Damned if you DO and damned if you DON'T!

Or the inverse might occur. Since SO few surround discs have been released and more than a few have had authoring probems of one sort or another, they will just stop producing multichannel discs altogether citing NOT REALLY WORTH THE BOTHER. And this also includes BD~A disc rot which has occurred on way more than just a few discs.

And wouldn't THAT be a PITY?

Damned if you DO and damned if you DON'T!

Back