HiRez Poll Ronstadt, Linda - WHAT'S NEW [DVD-A]/[SACD-JAPAN]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the DVD-A/SACD of Linda Ronstadt - WHAT'S NEW?

• 7:

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6:

• 5:

• 3:

• 2: Forget it, Get the CD

• 1: Waste of plastic

• Total voters
I voted 10. Beautiful surround disc. I certainly had to be in the mood for this genre of music and home sick for a couple days enabled to really embrace this DVD-A, 5.1 in MLP 24/96. I listened at about 55db don't need to listen to this loud. The surround field barley changes, seems like Linda's vocals are front center the first few tracks and then later gravitate to the phantom side and rears, the musical instruments stay well blended through out. There is an occasional solo instrument in front center. Not a big surround mix in our world.
All that said it was the feeling of relaxation I felt, the sound of her incredible voice, really incredible and the balance of the Nelson Riddle Orchestra filling the room in a kind of soft blanket.
I bought my copy used for $24.98 on Amazon, highly recommended for a serene change of place, her voice is so calming.

I have had this disc since it first came out in DVD-Audio. Overall sound and surround are excellent, as others have stated. I agree that there are some point of distortion on some of her vocals, as if someone was not paying attention to the levels - but it's minor. Don't listen to this often, but when I do, it's a joy. Isn't it sad that with a voice like this, there are no other surround releases of her material?? The Peter Asher produced albums would all be excellent in surround mixes - imagine Heart Like A Wheel, Prisoner In Disguise and Hasten Down The Wind, especially!! Does anyone here know why NONE of these have ever been released in a surround mix??

Last edited:
Back