Rowan and Martin's "Laugh-In" DVD set

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kap'n krunch

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
so...why am I posting this? Well I found out recently that for the first season there were MUSICAL guests. (I was one of those baby boomers who barely remembers seeing this show on TV and then on the Nick at Nite reruns on the early 1980swhich were REALLY edited down... to 30 mins with NO musical guests !)

I am up to the 3rd episode and I saw Kenny Rogers with his first groups(1st Edition) with REALLY trippy music!!!

This show is most definitely a product of its time but it really takes me back to when I was a kid and girls/women used to dress that way, their hairdos , etc.

Also, I wanted to buy the big box set a couple of years ago but it was REALLY steep (still is $250 plus S&H at Time Life), thankfully last week I found a seller on fleebay which was selling it for less than $80 including shipping. I was expecting recorded DVDs but , no.. it was what I think are returns cause I saw some fingerprints and scratches (the discs are playable, I just finished ripping them to see if they were not), so it was all legit, and quite a bargain...

SO the Fickle Finger of Fate finds Fame and Fortune for the Favorite Few...say good night , Dick!

so...why am I posting this? Well I found out recently that for the first season there were MUSICAL guests. (I was one of those baby boomers who barely remembers seeing this show on TV and then on the Nick at Nite reruns on the early 1980swhich were REALLY edited down... to 30 mins with NO musical guests !)

I am up to the 3rd episode and I saw Kenny Rogers with his first groups(1st Edition) with REALLY trippy music!!!

This show is most definitely a product of its time but it really takes me back to when I was a kid and girls/women used to dress that way, their hairdos , etc.

Also, I wanted to buy the big box set a couple of years ago but it was REALLY steep (still is $250 plus S&H at Time Life), thankfully last week I found a seller on fleebay which was selling it for less than $80 including shipping. I was expecting recorded DVDs but , no.. it was what I think are returns cause I saw some fingerprints and scratches (the discs are playable, I just finished ripping them to see if they were not), so it was all legit, and quite a bargain...

SO the Fickle Finger of Fate finds Fame and Fortune for the Favorite Few...say good night , Dick!

Very Interesting....
LaughIn-Very Interesting.jpg

I loved Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In ............. especially Goldie Hawn :D

Netflix....I mean Amazon Prime is streaming this series now.

Furthermore they are also streaming a 1967 TV series comedy that featured Goldie Hawn in a supporting role before Laugh In. Its about two disc jockeys living in Los Angeles. Sorry the name escapes me right now as well as keeping straight which streamer has this.....:unsure:

Last edited:
Netflix is streaming this series now.

Furthermore they are also streaming a 1967 TV series comedy that featured Goldie Hawn in a supporting role before Laugh In. Its about two disc jockeys living in Los Angeles. Sorry the name escapes me right now

"Good Morning World"

Im pretty sure this is on Amazon Prime not Netflix Im not home so cant check again........sorry.

A friend of mine says that at least some of the "Laugh-In" episodes have for some reason been mastered at 24fps rather than 30, which seems...odd.

The seller came through with flying colors...told him that for being new, deep scratches were not really acceptable even though IMGBurn said they were playable...so he sent me another box with return postage...great guy...highly recommendable..(his handle starts with Scott...)

Back