HiRez Poll Roxy Music - AVALON [SACD]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the SACD of Roxy Music - AVALON

• Total voters
You need to listen to it again and revise your vote, I loved this album in stereo but this has taken it to the next level.
I seem to recall I just don't feel passionate about the music, so a 9 or 10 would be tough. 10 means the best, so I try to be reserved with it. 9 is for albums I loooooove still, but maybe could have been a tiny bit better.
Still, this is flat-out one of the best mixes ever.

I seem to recall I just don't feel passionate about the music, so a 9 or 10 would be tough. 10 means the best, so I try to be reserved with it. 9 is for albums I loooooove still, but maybe could have been a tiny bit better.
Still, this is flat-out one of the best mixes ever.
Totally agree about one of the best mxes ever Rhett Davies and Bob Clearmountain did an excellent job, may have to get Boys and Girls now.

I even paid too much (for me) for Avalon. I had a feeling I'd spin it a few times, then send it on to a better home.
So, it's like I rented it.
I can’t speak for anyone else, especially on content. All I can say it’s taken years and multiple listening to really appreciate Avalon for me. I first thought it was just a little whimpy sounding (the music). But listening when I’m in the right mood for a particular style of music makes a major impact on how I’ll enjoy it for the long run. So now that I’ve gotten more in tune to the mood of the music (heck maybe it’s just mellowing out in old age) I enjoy it more at each listen.

I can’t speak for anyone else, especially on content. All I can say it’s taken years and multiple listening to really appreciate Avalon for me. I first thought it was just a little whimpy sounding (the music). But listening when I’m in the right mood for a particular style of music makes a major impact on how I’ll enjoy it for the long run. So now that I’ve gotten more in tune to the mood of the music (heck maybe it’s just mellowing out in old age) I enjoy it more at each listen.
Really the only good Roxy Music in my wasted opinion.

I even paid too much (for me) for Avalon. I had a feeling I'd spin it a few times, then send it on to a better home.
So, it's like I rented it.
I picked it up when it was originally released along with other titles like Aerosmith Toys, Queen Bohemian, ELP Brain Salad, Eagles Hotel, Fleetwood Rumors, Yes Fragile, etc saved tons of $$$😀

Maybe 2 years ago i read Wilson was mixing the 1st Roxy music

Has he finished that yet?

i would love to read some reviews on it

Cheers

Back