Roxy Music - Roxy Music (1st album 1972) on 5.1 DVD mixed by Steven Wilson!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good grief £55 … and to think I panicked myself into getting it for an arm and a leg with a pre order last December. Oh well, win some lose some. Still a fantastic box set for a very long standing fan like me, circa 1972 ( or am I just making myself feel better :unsure:) First heard them here in the UK on John Peels brilliant radio show, just blown away with their originality and musicianship. Can we have all the others, up to Flesh and Blood, in surround please!!

:unsure: I still haven't got this, and I don't know what to do! I don't dislike Roxy Music, but I'm not a massive fan of theirs, and I do dislike paying for boxsets with superfluous stuff, and I dislike even more bands that hide their surround mixes within costly boxsets (n). I am though a big fan of Steven Wilson and his mixes (y). Part of me says I have to go for it at this lower price, part of me says don't as its still £55 for one surround mix that isn't even lossless (not really interested in the book, or the demos), and part of me says, hey what's £55, that's just the cost of a nice meal, and less than most concert tickets.

I repeat :unsure: !!

:unsure: I still haven't got this, and I don't know what to do! I don't dislike Roxy Music, but I'm not a massive fan of theirs, and I do dislike paying for boxsets with superfluous stuff, and I dislike even more bands that hide their surround mixes within costly boxsets (n). I am though a big fan of Steven Wilson and his mixes (y). Part of me says I have to go for it at this lower price, part of me says don't as its still £55 for one surround mix that isn't even lossless (not really interested in the book, or the demos), and part of me says, hey what's £55, that's just the cost of a nice meal, and less than most concert tickets.

Haha, I'm in exactly the same situation, it is a dilemma!

I understand how you feel and respect your objections about buying these box sets to get one disc...as many of you know I purchased this set to see if Steven Wilson could change my mind about the content....I still didn't like the content..BUT the mix and general sonics are excellent for this vintage recording...and when you consider the current state of physical discs I don't think it's hype to say that this is probably the last chance to get this album in the best possible version..

Well I went for it and it has arrived today :D. At Amazon UK's price of £55, less a £20 credit for signing up to an Amazon credit card, makes only £35 :SG. Still expensive, but much less than my FA Cup final ticket cost, which also arrived in the post today!

According to my wife at home the Roxy Music arrived in the post in a massive cardboard box, prompting her question "what have you been buying now?", to which I replied "its just a cd my dear!" :ROFLMAO:

Well I went for it and it has arrived today :D. At Amazon UK's price of £55, less a £20 credit for signing up to an Amazon credit card, makes only £35 :SG. Still expensive, but much less than my FA Cup final ticket cost, which also arrived in the post today!

According to my wife at home the Roxy Music arrived in the post in a massive cardboard box, prompting her question "what have you been buying now?", to which I replied "its just a cd my dear!" :ROFLMAO:

Wait until you see the size of that book:whistle:..you can tell her you joined a "book club" and they gave you some free cds:D

I guess you just gotta tell her the cd format has been changed....it's no longer compact....more like ecd...enlarged compact disc .:unsure::)

Got a chance to hear this in 5ch.

Love that tune by Roxy......"Virginia Plain "....lot's of Eno there.

For this April's Record Store Day releases, we will FINALLY get to hear Steven Wilson's stereo remix of "Roxy Music" (on vinyl):

Screen Shot 2020-03-02 at 10.50.20 AM.png

For this April's Record Store Day releases, we will FINALLY get to hear Steven Wilson's stereo remix of "Roxy Music" (on vinyl):

Shame Mofi or AP has not done a AAA 2 LP 45 of this,

Back