Roxy Music "The Thrill Of It All"

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rtbluray

Hi-Res Moderator
Staff member
QQ Supporter
Does anyone have this DVD-V collection?

It says there is Dolby & DTS 5.1 included.
So is it all surround or just certain tracks? And how is the mix?

Thanks! :)

I finally answered my question from all these years ago when I purchased this DVD from eBay a few weeks ago.

Yes, the 5.1 surround content on this DVD set is very limited. However, some of it is a real gem!

First off, the "High Road" content (4 songs filmed during a 1982 concert in Frejus) must either be an upmix or just a very ambient surround mix, cause there's not much going on in the surround channels for these tracks at all, but the performances are great!

Then, we get to the real gems of this DVD set!
The DVD includes the music videos from the "Avalon" album ("More Than This", "The Main Thing", and "Avalon") all in discrete 5.1 audio!
These are the same mixes that feature on the long-OOP "Avalon" Multichannel SACD, so if you don't have an SACD player or you don't want to spend the money to get the SACD, check out this DVD set to get a real good taste of how good the "Avalon" 5.1 mix is!

https://www.discogs.com/Roxy-Music-The-Thrill-Of-It-All/master/470168
:)

how discrete are the other videos that are not "live"?
Jealous Guy, Same Old Scene, Trash, Angel Eyes

how discrete are the other videos that are not "live"?
Jealous Guy, Same Old Scene, Trash, Angel Eyes

The only surround sound content on the DVDs are the 4 live tracks from the "High Road" concert in Frejus ("The Main Thing", "While My Heart is Still Beating", "Avalon", and "My Only Love") and the 3 "Avalon" promo videos ("More Than This", "The Main Thing", and "Avalon")

Everything else is stereo-only

Back