RPWL - God Has Failed - Blu Ray 5.1 DTS

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With all the albums in my unlistened-to stack, I'll pass on lossy blu-rays. As much as I like RPWL. This kind of thing irks me.

This Blu-ray, good HD video to enjoy in a good Home Cinema, is recommended for anyone who want to watch a "Concert" and see how the musicians play the instruments, closer than from the front row.

If you only want to listen music you have already the original album from 2000, although only stereo.

Never heard of these chaps until now, oddly enough. Just ordered it. It should be here Sunday.

I'm also considering A New Dawn on Blu-Ray because it's in Atmos. Is the Atmos significantly better than 5.1 on that one or is it more for reverb and the like?

I'm also considering A New Dawn on Blu-Ray because it's in Atmos. Is the Atmos significantly better than 5.1 on that one or is it more for reverb and the like?

I haven't watch/heard it for some time, and I don't remember how Atmos is used. I remember good sound from RPWL, one of my favourite Prog groups, originally a Pink Floyd cover band but now with its own style.

The strength of the "A New Down" Blu-ray is the concert itself with the great theatrical performance on stage with so many actors, in addition to the group's performance.

It is very good the dubbing they have done from the speeches on stage from german to english. Good to watch in both languages.

I haven't watch/heard it for some time, and I don't remember how Atmos is used. I remember good sound from RPWL, one of my favourite Prog groups, originally a Pink Floyd cover band but now with its own style.

The strength of the "A New Down" Blu-ray is the concert itself with the great theatrical performance on stage with so many actors, in addition to the group's performance.

It is very good the dubbing they have done from the speeches on stage from german to english. Good to watch in both languages.

It can't be too good if you haven't watched/listened to it in a long time ;)

I'm still regularly listening to Yello's Point album seven months later.

I'll give the Bluray I ordered a listen first before ordering more. There's no point in listening to a group if I don't like their music. I'm giving them the Pink Floyd influenced benefit of doubt ordering this one (hard to tell by YouTube snippets alone).

It can't be too good if you haven't watched/listened to it in a long time ;)

Well, not exactly that.

I said "some" time, not "long" time. It could be something like two monts ago, or so. There are so many things to listen...

I liked it because of the group music and because of the theatrical performance.
I think the Atmos mix is not the main thing to look for in this release. More important, as you say, is the kind of music and the group style. Prog / Neo-Prog. And also relevant, as I say, the kind of theatrical performance.

OMG, I will have to watch it again and will have to pay attention to the Atmos mix track ;)

Edited: Now I remember that last time I watched it I made the purpose of studying the lyrics, to learn about the story, before watching it again. Its difficult to understand and follow the sense for a non native english. ( I have not done it yet...:rolleyes:)

Last edited:

I listened to the first couple of tracks of God has failed plus a couple from two other albums. The surround was great with Neural X upmixing with very discrete sounds on the ceiling at various points. I've hear far worse Atmos mixes.

I do have one sound quality complaint, though and that's the vocals are not clear sounding, especially in surround. Pink Floyd always had very clear vocals and none of these three albums I previewed had clear vocals. They were certainly more clear in stereo than surround, though.

Musically, I'm still not sure. I can hear the Floyd influence in various musical effects, but I'm not sure the music itself is as strong particularly when I can't understand half of what's being sung due to the foggy vocals. It's to early to tell, though.

Musically, I'm still not sure. I can hear the Floyd influence in various musical effects, but I'm not sure the music itself is as strong particularly when I can't understand half of what's being sung due to the foggy vocals. It's to early to tell, though.

You are right about the "foggy" vocals. For me is not a problem, as I dont' usually try to understand the lyrics, because of non native english. I like more the intrumental and for me, sonically, the voice is just an additional instrument. I like the Yogi Lang voice, but either because he is german or because of the mix, it's true sometimes is foggy.

In a Spanish Internet Radio Prog Podcast I heard someone to say that he prefers originals, like Pink Floyd, and refused to listen to 'immitations' or 'cover bands' and alike and for that he didn't liked RPWL.
I like RPWL, but can understand that sensation of not "hearing" the "good original".

Back