Rush “Permanent Waves” 40th box set (No Surround this time...)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wheeler98

300 Club - QQ All-Star
From the blog Rushisaband

Just as they've done the last 2 years with their 2112 and A Farewell to Kings 40th anniversary box sets, Rush will also be releasing a Hemispheres 40th anniversary box set this upcoming Holiday season. Ole/Anthem's Andy Curran was recently interviewed for Music Life Magazine and spoke at length about the series of 40th anniversary sets, including plans for a Permanent Waves set in 2020:

“Rich Chycki also did a great job remastering the album itself in 5.1.”

Interesting.

That caught my eye as well.
I saw the name Andy Curran previously mentioned as being involved in these reissues for Anthem but did not put 2 & 2 together that he was from band Coney Hatch.
I am a bit more optimistic now knowing these reissues are in the hands of another musician and a Rush fan at that.
Hopefully Andy has a understanding and love for 5.1. Guess we will find out soon enough.

Last edited:
What I’m wondering is if the multitrack tapes are around for “Permanent Waves” (which would make a 5.1 mix possible) if Steven Wilson is available to remix “Permanent Waves” would he do it or will they stick with Rich?
I hope it’s the former although maybe Rich has turned out a great mix for “Hemispheres”. We will know in two weeks time!

:)

Side track: Steven thinks he’s Bowie? :)
Oh,that's just me being silly.
I have followed him since OTSOL and the early days of The Freak Emporium mail order which was the only outlet for buying obscure music if you lived in a town like mine and it's remarkable how far he has come as an artist. I just think he takes himself a bit too seriously with the 'world domination' bit and comparisons to Roger Waters on BBC breakfast television :)

“Rich Chycki also did a great job remastering the album itself in 5.1.

Interesting.
raw

Last edited:
Oh,that's just me being silly.
I have followed him since OTSOL and the early days of The Freak Emporium mail order which was the only outlet for buying obscure music if you lived in a town like mine and it's remarkable how far he has come as an artist. I just think he takes himself a bit too seriously with the 'world domination' bit and comparisons to Roger Waters on BBC breakfast television :)
Aha, well I too have followed him quite some time (early 2000) and even though his progression both as a musician, producer, engineer and semi stardom (which I believe he deserves) I still find him to be full of integrity and keeping his ambitious skills. I would go as far saying he’s the ultimate ambassador for the progression of ambitious music! :)

Aha, well I too have followed him quite some time (early 2000) and even though his progression both as a musician, producer, engineer and semi stardom (which I believe he deserves) I still find him to be full of integrity and keeping his ambitious skills. I would go as far saying he’s the ultimate ambassador for the progression of ambitious music! :)
Absolutely.
However who can forget the classic that is Execution of the Will of the Marquis de Sade
and it's Hokey-Cokey middle section :)
We must also mention Boris, one of his early Delirium label mates!

Last edited:
Back