Rush 5.1 Surround Albums

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I plan on doing something similar when Ozzy passes on. I'm not a smoker. I have done it a few times but don't really care for the sensation of being high. My disability complicates things further. It's hard enough to do things when I'm straight, but there are occasions that warrant a few puffs.

Oh, God......not to derail. But, when Oz passes on...that will be a horrible day for me. :(

As it will be for me as well. Say what you will about Oz but he IS the GODFATHER of Rock n Roll and has contributed so much to what Rock n Roll is. Ozz was my nickname in high school because I always wore my Ozzy ball cap so my team mates starting calling me Ozz and it stuck. I was involved in sports in spite of my disability. Football Track and Wrestling.

Reactions: GOS
As it will be for me as well. Say what you will about Oz but he IS the GODFATHER of Rock n Roll and has contributed so much to what Rock n Roll is. Ozz was my nickname in high school because I always wore my Ozzy ball cap so my team mates starting calling me Ozz and it stuck. I was involved in sports in spite of my disability. Football Track and Wrestling.
Yep, and you notice my avatar pic.

my take on the Test for Echo period of Rush. Totally dig that they went back into guitar-centric rock for this album. A vastly under-rated album IMHO. Give it a few spins. I saw them on this tour. They were the second show in a brand new arena. There was an electric vibe in the joint - especially when they came back after intermission and played all of 2112. That opening synth line along with crowd euphoria raised the freaking roof !! Also this tour featured concert Surround. Yup --had rear speakers suspended in upper rear of arena. Very few songs through the rears but when they were used it was astonishingly kick ass !!!

Yes, I'll agree, but by the same token, most albums are that way. A few kick ass tracks and some that leave something to be desired. Very few albums actually knock it out of the park all around. Rush has had very few albums that were a total bust. There were only two that I did not like at all, as in not a single track on the album struck a cord with me, Vapor Trails, both original and Remix and Clockwork Angels.

Yes, I'll agree, but by the same token, most albums are that way. A few kick ass tracks and some that leave something to be desired. Very few albums actually knock it out of the park all around. Rush has had very few albums that were a total bust. There were only two that I did not like at all, as in not a single track on the album struck a cord with me, Vapor Trails, both original and Remix and Clockwork Angels.
Vapor Trails Remixed I can get a solid 8 tracks out of. I drop the 5 I don't like and I'm fairly pleased. Vapor Trail, Earthshine and Secret Touch are one of the awesomest 1-2-3 punches in their entire catalog.
Clockwork Angels I think was an attempt to capture that concept album magic from their past and I think it failed. The Caravan/BU2B single showed promise and I think the album failed to deliver.

Roll the Bones is almost a total bust for me. Only 3 - 5 songs I really like, depending on how generous I'm feeling.

S&A? Yigh. Maybe 5 or 6 strong tracks. I think Nick R. was a mistake as a producer. Muddy mixes and over-indulgent in fanboism.

Fly By Night - Power Windows are pretty fuckin' rock solid.

Yeah Clockwork was a concept fail. As for Vapor Trails, I don't know why I don't like it, I just don't. It does NOTHING for me. Almost every other album has at least a few tracks that work for me. I did like the Vapor Trails Tour string ensemble. Very cool. They were rockin and having a blast doing their thing As for S & A. I like it for the most part. Far Cry and Working Them Angels do it for me. I know that I've been working my angels because of my disability.

Yeah Clockwork was a concept fail. As for Vapor Trails, I don't know why I don't like it, I just don't. It does NOTHING for me. Almost every other album has at least a few tracks that work for me. I did like the Vapor Trails Tour string ensemble. Very cool. They were rockin and having a blast doing their thing
Strings were on the Clockwork Angels Tour. I wanted to enjoy that, but Ged's voice was greatly diminished by then and it marred most later shows for me (I'm a singer).
I really don't love live Rush after R30 or maybe S&A Live.

The tour was pretty awesome. The album has some very weak tracks. Net boy, net girl? FSS. :rolleyes:(n)
Come On Man !! Its a 1996 album !!! Hell most of us were just getting on the World Wide Web.

Net boy, net girl
Send your impulse 'round the world
Put your message in a modem (put your message in a modem)
And throw it in the Cyber Sea (and throw it in the Cyber Sea)

lol

Come On Man !! Its a 1996 album !!! Hell most of us were just getting on the World Wide Web.

Net boy, net girl
Send your impulse 'round the world
Put your message in a modem (put your message in a modem)
And throw it in the Cyber Sea (and throw it in the Cyber Sea)

lol
The song addressed a topic that was relevant at the time. So I don't have a problem with it. Rush, like many other Progressive Rock bands write lyrics that make you think, wonder, and question the world around us. I for one think that Neil did an awesome job in that regard.

There's no accounting for taste. If you love every Rush lyric, good for you. Some have not aged well for me. I'm allowed my opinion...
And I appreciate the chance to have a discussion on a topic of interest with other like minded people that doesn't turn ugly. That's one of the reasons I like this site. Lots of people who love music and want to share it with others. No I don't love every Rush lyric some have aged better than others. That song wasn't one of my favorites either. My point was that Neil did an excellent job of writing thought provoking lyrics.

And I appreciate the chance to have a discussion on a topic of interest with other like minded people that doesn't turn ugly. That's one of the reasons I like this site. Lots of people who love music and want to share it with others. No I don't love every Rush lyric some have aged better than others. That song wasn't one of my favorites either. My point was that Neil did an excellent job of writing thought provoking lyrics.
He sure did! Some of the most thoughtful rock there is.

Back