Rush "Signals" Dolby Atmos Mix! (Box Set Out in April!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
received_629300605769214.jpeg

I just remembered the first time I ever heard atmos type music, It was a rock station blaring from MANY little round ceiling speakers while I worked as part of the night-crew in a closed grocery store. Over 45 years ago. I was way ahead of my time! It was awesome!

"On the atmos mix it helps to put center to +2db here to have the vocals not burried in reverb and more upfront like in the stereo mix." Really bugs me no remaster of a quality DTS MA 5.1 on this set. I'll be glad when it arrives ..but man....🙃 I really hope that the upcoming Steven Wilson mixes on the next releases include the DTS versions still. With Atmos, even more room to screw it up. Apparently.....👆

Last edited:
Weird (and wrong) that they would show a picture of Chycki in a Blackbird Studio atmos room and say he's 'doing the Atmos mixing thing in his own studio' Hah! That's one of the nicest Atmos mixing rooms in the USA. It's sure as hell not Chycki's home studio.
Forget the Atmos room... The whole of Blackbird is a gem.

"On the atmos mix it helps to put center to +2db here to have the vocals not burried in reverb and more upfront like in the stereo mix." Really bugs me no remaster of a quality DTS MA 5.1 on this set. I'll be glad when it arrives...
DTS-MA wouldn't make the vocals louder...

Honestly I really want this box, that cover looks absolutely beautiful and would be great as a display piece in my collection. I actually hadn't heard any of Signals (I know, I really need to get on that) but I gave Subdivisions and The Analog Kid a listen today and was blown away. I can only imagine what this is like in Atmos. Hopefully the price will drop! I really cannot afford it, but hey, if a good opportunity crops up I'll need to splurge!

I got my box set on Friday and listened to the Atmos mix. First thing i noticed was that the volume level it was mixed at was a little lower than most other discs I have. So I did bump up the volume a bit to address that. After the first listen I felt the LEF channel was a hair low for my tastes. I did a 2nd listen last night and bumped up the LFE by 2dB and was much happier overall with it. the mix itself is not overly adventurous, but does add to the overall listening experience.

Is this set -audio- ANY better than the Signals DVD -A from sectors set? Really starting to wonder...? Beginning to see that it should have been mixed with the same care as the Moving pictures set. And maybe in an actual STUDIO not in a home set-up?

Back