Quantcast

HiRez Poll Rush - SIGNALS [DVD-A/BluRay]

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

Rate the DVD-A/BDA of Rush - SIGNALS

• Total voters
Anyone notice how different Geddy’s vocals are in some of these songs. I’m guessing they used alternate vocal takes. Even some of the music has slight differences as well.

pti

I've been listening again to some of my earlier surround purchases lately and threw Signals on. This may be the rare surround disc in my collection where I'd rather just listen to the stereo mix. This was a completely wasted opportunity on an album that could have been well served by 5.1. It's possibly the most disappointing surround mix in my collection.

The "Losing It" mix is almost passable, but the rest gives me a headache.

Last edited:

marpow

QQ Lifetime Supporter
QQ Lifetime Supporter
I voted 7. I went to listen to this and I had only ripped the 2.0, so I found the dis and re ripped the 5.1. I must have only listened to the 5.1 from the hard disc when I purchased.
A bit of a hot mess this one. Fidelity sounds like static mud, and surround is basically enhanced stereo.
That said, the 5.1 does sound better than the 2.0.
It is no suprise that others would vote lower than my 7. What saves it for me is the music. Hey, I saw Rush live and they sounded like shit sonically live also.
Also agree the 2.0 can be better, depending on tolarance and mood in the moment. Like I said, a hot mess this one.

wrat

DVD A, I LOVE this album but the mch aspect is uneven and not all that great