RUSTYAND1- TOUR OF HIS EQUIPMENT/ THOUGHTS AND MUSIC COLLECTION- MUST WATCH!!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chucky3042

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Hi All

Rustyandi rang me a few days ago and said he had assembled a few videos of his surround equipment collection, thoughts in general and a commentary of his EXTENSIVE surround music collection in his amazing man cave. I have visited his man cave several times and have always been awestruck at the comprehensive surround facilities and has always left me with the question of HOW THE HELL DOES ALL THESE CONNECTIONS NOT HUM!!

We pasted the videos together and downloaded them to YouTube for your viewing pleasure.

It includes comments on:

Ambiosonics/ UD4
QSD1
QSD1000
QSD2
Audionics space composer
Tate
IMF UHJ
Denon UD4
Involve Surround Master
CD4
JVC 4 channel pre amp
His record and music collection

Specific comments on the Involve Surround Master are here:

I am referred to as "Girlfriend" and Dave the Bitch and Chris are referred to as "my henchmen"

REMEMBER TO PRESS LIKE!!

Ron, I watched the first episode and it was great to see the stack of gear only after seeing photos through the years. It was also nice to see what the hell you look like after all these years. I had to show my wife as she remembers going to the mailbox and found a letter from Australia and opened to find $700 in cash. I had to let her down when I explained that you had sent it for buying a circle surround decoder, she enjoyed seeing who was the rascal that made her feel so good for a couple of minutes.

Ron, I watched the first episode and it was great to see the stack of gear only after seeing photos through the years. It was also nice to see what the hell you look like after all these years. I had to show my wife as she remembers going to the mailbox and found a letter from Australia and opened to find $700 in cash. I had to let her down when I explained that you had sent it for buying a circle surround decoder, she enjoyed seeing who was the rascal that made her feel so good for a couple of minutes.
Ron has grown a lockdown beard!!

OOOPS

We missed the 10 minute intro, was hidden in a different directory on the menu stick.....will update the video tomorrow!

DOH!

I like rustyandi's closing comment "and that's what happens to people who got locked into it or got interested". That kind of sums us up! Good to see and hear from another member, I've only been lucky enough to know one member in person.

Interesting to see that you've got a CBS 2400B decoder, I never noticed that in your pictures before. I would have loved to hear the story about how to came to own that Scheiber 360 Spatial Decoder too - I know next to nothing about that unit.

I like rustyandi's closing comment "and that's what happens to people who got locked into it or got interested". That kind of sums us up! Good to see and hear from another member, I've only been lucky enough to know one member in person.

Interesting to see that you've got a CBS 2400B decoder, I never noticed that in your pictures before. I would have loved to hear the story about how to came to own that Scheiber 360 Spatial Decoder too - I know next to nothing about that unit.

For most of us if you watch Ron's video all the way through you will find something special to connect to. For me it was his comments on Ambisonics. I owned both the Integrex & IMF decoders, 20 or so records, and still have no idea of the real potential of the system. Ambisonic's never had their Dark Side of the Moon showpiece and all the concert hall live recordings I felt could be achieved as well by simpler conventional approach. However I will say that Parson's Sterotomy sounds incredible wide & with pin point locations when played in...stereo. And what the hell is spherical harmonic synthesis anyway that creeps into every article on Ambisonics?

And his comments on vintage vs the current Surround Master is spot on.

I too would like to know the story behind the Scheiber 360 decoder!!

Great post thank you Chucky and @rustyandi !

Yes and BTW I still have the 2 tapes you sent me so many years back.

Thanks for your assistance in my collecting , Ron.

You have an incredible amount of Quadraphonic Equipment and Quad Software , that is the envy of all us quad collectors.

Well done.

Also ,

Ron , is that a Harmon Kardon 44 + I spy to the left of your QSD-2 ?

I never saw the picture (very well) of The SCHEIBER 360 SQ Decoder , but knew it was priced extremely high . I think I read it was approximately $3000.00. That's in 70's U.S . Dollars .

Also did you ever get any of those 3 Aphex SQ models ? They were supposed to be the "cat's meow" of SQ Decoders , or as you would say the "bees knees" .

Anyway great collection . correction s/b "Grand Collection" mate . :)

I Would love to see some of those quad records or tapes on the "Quad Rarities " thread ......well , maybe one day.
Thanx for the Video.

For most of us if you watch Ron's video all the way through you will find something special to connect to. For me it was his comments on Ambisonics. I owned both the Integrex & IMF decoders, 20 or so records, and still have no idea of the real potential of the system. Ambisonic's never had their Dark Side of the Moon showpiece and all the concert hall live recordings I felt could be achieved as well by simpler conventional approach. However I will say that Parson's Sterotomy sounds incredible wide & with pin point locations when played in...stereo. And what the hell is spherical harmonic synthesis anyway that creeps into every article on Ambisonics?

And his comments on vintage vs the current Surround Master is spot on.

I too would like to know the story behind the Scheiber 360 decoder!!

Great post thank you Chucky and @rustyandi !
I brought the 360 Decoder from a QQ member many years ago I am sorry I don.t remember who a
it was Maybe he may pop in and give some comments

Attachments

• PICT0004.JPG
    PICT0004.JPG
    93.6 KB · Views: 64
  • PICT0005.JPG
    PICT0005.JPG
    127.7 KB · Views: 69
It is the CD4 1000
I had it sent from Japan
In the 70s I used to write Cheques Up to $250
But this I had to use Yen I had to have a couple of tries to write
about y115.500,00 or sum bloody stupid amount
So you can see by the cost It was just made for a people with too much money
But it is a great unit Her is a picture of the next best Demodulator
CD4 50

Attachments

• PICT0008.JPG
    PICT0008.JPG
    85.8 KB · Views: 73
  • PICT0009.JPG
    PICT0009.JPG
    85.3 KB · Views: 69
  • PICT0011.JPG
    PICT0011.JPG
    82.6 KB · Views: 72
  • PICT0003.JPG
    PICT0003.JPG
    100.6 KB · Views: 71
  • PICT0004.JPG
    PICT0004.JPG
    118 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
I like henchmen
It is always good to have henchmen. :LOL: :cool:

Correct and Either henchmen or minions , I'll take into my confidence anytime .:ROFLMAO::cool:
I brought the 360 Decoder from a QQ member many years ago I am sorry I don.t remember who a
it was Maybe he may pop in and give some comments

Cool pics of that SCHEIBER 360° SPATIAL DECODER , thanks Ron. First time I get to see one.

FWIW , There is a 3 page review of that SQ decoder in AUDIO MAGAZINE May 1978 , starting on page 8 . And they didn't supply a picture .
So thanks again Ron , much appreciated.

Attachments

• 20210825_104300.jpg
    20210825_104300.jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 69
  • 20210825_105824.jpg
    20210825_105824.jpg
    175.4 KB · Views: 72
Back