RUSTYAND1- TOUR OF HIS EQUIPMENT/ THOUGHTS AND MUSIC COLLECTION- MUST WATCH!!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh and before I forget ....

Ron what type of CD-4 Cartridge did you use ?

Something like this no doubt (JVC X -1) fr June 76

Myself , I used the Shure M24 H ,(also 1976) , with my Harmon Kardon 44+.

Attachments

• 20210825_114550.jpg
    20210825_114550.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 80
  • 20210825_114610.jpg
    20210825_114610.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 80
  • 20210825_114653.jpg
    20210825_114653.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 85
  • 20210825_114656.jpg
    20210825_114656.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 73
Correct and Either henchmen or minions , I'll take into my confidence anytime .:ROFLMAO::cool:

Cool pics of that SCHEIBER 360° SPATIAL DECODER , thanks Ron. First time I get to see one.

FWIW , There is a 3 page review of that SQ decoder in AUDIO MAGAZINE May 1978 , starting on page 8 . And they didn't supply a picture .
So thanks again Ron , much appreciated.
There are some photos of one here:
https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/scheiber-360-spatial-decoder-sq-24578552
scheiber-360-spatial-decoder-sq_1_797254411e049965d5a2706a53c31844.jpg

Finally got around to watching this, great bit of history and background on the gear!

Curious what speakers you are using?

Also re: the vinyl SQ edition of the SM, what was that about? Does the SM v2 include the vinyl improvements for SQ decoding?

Thanks!

Finally got around to watching this, great bit of history and background on the gear!

Curious what speakers you are using?

Also re: the vinyl SQ edition of the SM, what was that about? Does the SM v2 include the vinyl improvements for SQ decoding?

Thanks!
I am using 6 JBL 150s
I have 3 in front and 3 in Back
The centre back was for 6.1 But when I play 5.1 it is turned down
So when I pay Quad you are hearing the sounds of the 70s
As far as I know the S/M.2 does have SQ Vinyl

These photos, which I stumbled on in the past few years, and those of rustiandi's collection are the only photos I've ever seen of this model. Rare-o-rare! About as rare to find information on or pictures of as the CD4-1000. Just to mention, another QQ member in Germany, evel, also owns a CD4-1000 (actually, the full Laboratory set-up), but not this Schieber unit.

Thanks so much Ron (@rustyandi ), for giving us an inside look at your gear and collection, I'm sure you've forgotten more about Quadraphonic than I'll ever know!

Had a question about comparing an Ambisonic decode from a unit like your IMF UDJ and say an Involve SM in QS mode, is there a huge difference?

Also, I just ordered this CD to try out (have you heard this one yet?)-

https://www.discogs.com/release/4473713-Keith-Mansfield-The-Video-Connection
Thanks again.

Thanks so much Ron (@rustyandi ), for giving us an inside look at your gear and collection, I'm sure you've forgotten more about Quadraphonic than I'll ever know!

Had a question about comparing an Ambisonic decode from a unit like your IMF UDJ and say an Involve SM in QS mode, is there a huge difference?

Also, I just ordered this CD to try out (have you heard this one yet?)-

https://www.discogs.com/release/4473713-Keith-Mansfield-The-Video-Connection
Thanks again.
As you know most UHJ disc,s are ambiance so playing them with Involve (QS) There is not a huge difference
But if there is movement in channels Like a electro group I have and Alan parsons UHJ then it does not decode
Correctly but it does have a surround effect

THE FULL RUSTYANDI VIDEO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you Rusty and Chucky. Really enjoyed the video and listening to what is, I'm guessing, just a fragment of the stories and history behind all those fine pieces and albums. I agree with Sonik Wiz, we can probably all connect to one bit or another.

I was surprised to hear, if I heard correctly, that Chucky had not heard the QSD-1.

Thank you Rusty and Chucky. Really enjoyed the video and listening to what is, I'm guessing, just a fragment of the stories and history behind all those fine pieces and albums. I agree with Sonik Wiz, we can probably all connect to one bit or another.

I was surprised to hear, if I heard correctly, that Chucky had not heard the QSD-1.
Correct first qsd1 I heard was at Rustyandi's fabulous man cave

There are a few other pictures about. I found this one of the insides-
Scheiber 360 Spatial Decoder_int.JPG

I don't know how many boards there are altogether, but the one you can see here looks very sparsely populated. Amusingly, the Audio article referred to above includes the phrase -
clip.JPG

which suggests to me that the author had never seen inside a TV set let alone a space vehicle!
However there is a rather more measured article by Peter Scheiber himself on the 360 Decoder which you can download from Disclords archived docs at

360 Space in Two Channels

There are a few other pictures about. I found this one of the insides-
View attachment 74775

I don't know how many boards there are altogether, but the one you can see here looks very sparsely populated. Amusingly, the Audio article referred to above includes the phrase -
View attachment 74778
which suggests to me that the author had never seen inside a TV set let alone a space vehicle!
However there is a rather more measured article by Peter Scheiber himself on the 360 Decoder which you can download from Disclords archived docs at

360 Space in Two Channels
Heavy looking power supply, did this unit include a rear channel amplifier?

Back