IMPORTANT S/W Updated; Changes That Occured

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

barfle

500 Club - QQ All-Star
Hmmm, something is different, and not in a good way, at least as far as I'm concerned. This started happening this week, and it's new on both my iPad and my Win10 PC (MS Edge browser).

Pop-up ads are covering not only content on the threads, but also when I have a notification, it covers the drop-down list, making it tough to carry on a conversation. I don't know that I did anything new, especially to both platforms, so I have a suspicion that someone else is to blame. Right now, there's one on the bottom of the page, and one in the upper right corner. If I click on the X in the corner, all I get is another message in its place that says stuff about Ads by Google.

Normally, I don't worry about ads, but the one in the upper right corner is interfering with functions that I find useful, and think you would want to have remain useful to the users.

DuncanS

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Hmmm, something is different, and not in a good way, at least as far as I'm concerned. This started happening this week, and it's new on both my iPad and my Win10 PC (MS Edge browser).

Pop-up ads are covering not only content on the threads, but also when I have a notification, it covers the drop-down list, making it tough to carry on a conversation. I don't know that I did anything new, especially to both platforms, so I have a suspicion that someone else is to blame. Right now, there's one on the bottom of the page, and one in the upper right corner. If I click on the X in the corner, all I get is another message in its place that says stuff about Ads by Google.

Normally, I don't worry about ads, but the one in the upper right corner is interfering with functions that I find useful, and think you would want to have remain useful to the users.
Yep, I found QQ is virtually unusable on my phone, even couldn't Log on as an Ad sat over the link - upper right corner.

QuadSound

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Yep, I found QQ is virtually unusable on my phone, even couldn't Log on as an Ad sat over the link - upper right corner.

I just pulled out my older, not used android phone and with mobile Chrome browser. Not logged in the registration and login area was not covered by ads. I did see and ad on the very bottom of page and a small little video on the lower right side. No ads blocking anything.
I checked on my current android phone with the same results.

Are things still bad? And if you are logged in you need to go to : https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums/account/preferences
And go down to disable ads so you won't see them when logged in.
Remember to save when you make the check mark for Disable Ads.

DuncanS

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
I just pulled out my older, not used android phone and with mobile Chrome browser. Not logged in the registration and login area was not covered by ads. I did see and ad on the very bottom of page and a small little video on the lower right side. No ads blocking anything.
I checked on my current android phone with the same results.

Are things still bad? And if you are logged in you need to go to : https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums/account/preferences
And go down to disable ads so you won't see them when logged in.
Remember to save when you make the check mark for Disable Ads.
Just tried it, I'm using the phone to view (Samsung A50) and it's OK, the menu bar with the Log In is visible at all times now, as when scrolling it jumps to the top. Must have been a glitch yesterday, it occurred just after I'd accepted some of the cookies (not all of them though!). Thanks.

Without logging in on the phone it's not great as the Ads are much more prominent, they tend to overpower the content. I'm one of those people who if I'm tracked by Ads will never buy from that company!

kap'n krunch

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
I have tried to disable the ads, I don't mind the top ones but the bottom ones make me feel like I am in some dangerous site!
What have I missed?
I am running Firefox a Mac, next to latest OS...
Here is what I see... I keep "Disabling ads" but they keep coming up...
Screen Shot 2022-12-01 at 3.58.02 PM.png