SACD, DVD Audio & BluRay Discs I Have Not Heard

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kennethbg

Hello I have not had surround for about 2.5 years owing to a wife that cannot stand speakers and decorating and furnshing in such a way that there is no place for them. But we are moving and I will have a man cave of my own if this ever ends?. BUT that has not stoped me buying more discs here is a list of ones I have bought and never played.DVD Audio- King Crimson- Beat - Lizard - Red - Starless and Bible Black - The power to believe - Thrak - Three of a perfect pair - / RUSH - Movin Pictures - SACD - Billy Poul - 360 Degrees of Billy Poul/ War of the Gods - Chase- Pure music & Chase - Earth, Wind & Fire - Spirit & That's the way of the world - George Benson - Body Talk - The Guess Who - American Woman/Share the Land - Road Food/ # 10 - Rocking/ The best of the Guess Who vol 2 - The best of the Guess Who - Wheatfield soul/Canned wheat - BLU RAY Audio - ALLAN PARSONS PROJECT - Ammonia Avenue - Tails of Mystery and Imagination Edgar Allan Poe - BEATLES - Abbey Road - Sgt. Peppers lonely hearts club band - DREAM THEATER - Distance over time - Foreigner - Rockin at the Ryman - GUNS & ROSES - Appetite for Distruction (super delux Edition) - KENNY WANE SHEPHERD - The Traveler - KING CRIMSON - In the court of the Crimson King (2019) - ROGER WATERS - The Wall - STEVEN WILSON - Grace for Drowning - STYX - The Mission - XTC- The Dukes of Stratosphear Psurroundsbout Ride - All new and still sealed as I bought them for sourround I do not wont to hear them in stereo. These others I have bought second hand and so have heard in stereo only - DVD Audio - BONNIE RAITT - Road Tested - KATATONIA - The Great Cold Distance - KING CRIMSON - Islands - Liszard - REM - Automatic for the People - SAXON - Lionheart - SACD - BACHMAN TURNER OVERDRIVE - Not Fragile - NINE INCH NAILS - The Downward Spiral - RIBA- If you see him - STING - Sacred Love - ROXY MUSIC - Avalon - THE POLICE - Every Breath You Take - DIRE STRAITS - Brothers in arms. Today I have just orderd two XTC and one Octopus SACD and I have the Beatles Yellow Submerine on blu ray in the post.

Nice list and a lot of enjoyment you will have.
I am in the same boat, not moving but my bed/bath remodel got the job slammed to a screeching halt as the county last month said if you have an existing remodel you could continue but this month they say ALL construction work must stop, unless of course it is not livable.
Framing, rough plumbing and electrical is done. Next is insulation, sheetrock, tile and floor and all the finishing stuff.
Do I believe all will go back to normal on May 1st, not now, when all I hear is things will still get worse.
So I spend every day fantasizing about my new audio/video room.

Hello I have not had surround for about 2.5 years owing to a wife that cannot stand speakers and decorating and furnshing in such a way that there is no place for them. But we are moving and I will have a man cave of my own if this ever ends?. BUT that has not stoped me buying more discs here is a list of ones I have bought and never played.DVD Audio- King Crimson- Beat - Lizard - Red - Starless and Bible Black - The power to believe - Thrak - Three of a perfect pair - / RUSH - Movin Pictures - SACD - Billy Poul - 360 Degrees of Billy Poul/ War of the Gods - Chase- Pure music & Chase - Earth, Wind & Fire - Spirit & That's the way of the world - George Benson - Body Talk - The Guess Who - American Woman/Share the Land - Road Food/ # 10 - Rocking/ The best of the Guess Who vol 2 - The best of the Guess Who - Wheatfield soul/Canned wheat - BLU RAY Audio - ALLAN PARSONS PROJECT - Ammonia Avenue - Tails of Mystery and Imagination Edgar Allan Poe - BEATLES - Abbey Road - Sgt. Peppers lonely hearts club band - DREAM THEATER - Distance over time - Foreigner - Rockin at the Ryman - GUNS & ROSES - Appetite for Distruction (super delux Edition) - KENNY WANE SHEPHERD - The Traveler - KING CRIMSON - In the court of the Crimson King (2019) - ROGER WATERS - The Wall - STEVEN WILSON - Grace for Drowning - STYX - The Mission - XTC- The Dukes of Stratosphear Psurroundsbout Ride - All new and still sealed as I bought them for sourround I do not wont to hear them in stereo. These others I have bought second hand and so have heard in stereo only - DVD Audio - BONNIE RAITT - Road Tested - KATATONIA - The Great Cold Distance - KING CRIMSON - Islands - Liszard - REM - Automatic for the People - SAXON - Lionheart - SACD - BACHMAN TURNER OVERDRIVE - Not Fragile - NINE INCH NAILS - The Downward Spiral - RIBA- If you see him - STING - Sacred Love - ROXY MUSIC - Avalon - THE POLICE - Every Breath You Take - DIRE STRAITS - Brothers in arms. Today I have just orderd two XTC and one Octopus SACD and I have the Beatles Yellow Submerine on blu ray in the post.
With a list this long but unable to play them ?Speaking for myself. ....l might consider divorce !

Nice list and a lot of enjoyment you will have.
I am in the same boat, not moving but my bed/bath remodel got the job slammed to a screeching halt as the county last month said if you have an existing remodel you could continue but this month they say ALL construction work must stop, unless of course it is not livable.
Framing, rough plumbing and electrical is done. Next is insulation, sheetrock, tile and floor and all the finishing stuff.
Do I believe all will go back to normal on May 1st, not now, when all I hear is things will still get worse.
So I spend every day fantasizing about my new audio/video room.
I feel your pain, Markie. I really do!

Heh, heh. We're all crazy. My system has been packed up since early 2017, and just like you kennethbg and The Rang, I've continued to buy surround sound albums (and some stereo) waiting for the day I'm able to set up again. My stack of unlistened to Dutton-Vocalion SACD's is huge, about 66 I think, which means I've got about 132 (!) unheard quadraphonic albums to listen to. Poster child for surround sound crazy: right here.

@kennethbg I hope you realize that you provide excellent contrast when it comes to those of us with relatively modest collections of unplayed surround discs. This is especially useful when one's spouse complains about the continuous flow of packages arriving in the mail. I thank you for your altruistic service to the QQ community. Kudos to you also @surround.sound.enthusiast and @The Rang !

My wife is not a music lover either. But, I have my HT setup in the living room. Since I'm home all the time now it's no big deal about not cranking music when she gets home from work. But on her day off, if I really wanna listen on the HT and not on the pc system, I ask her would she kindly go to her she cave and get the hell out of the living room. She's usually amenable to that. Of course she knew quite well when she married me that I was a music lover....a loud music lover sometimes. So I don't even feel bad about asking her to relocate when I wanna rock, although I seldom do it these days.
Besides, dammit, I'm old. Who knows how long I got left? ;)

Man, I open and listen to everything I buy when I receive it. Maybe that’s just me?
You are not alone my friend.
First off I have USPS "informed delivery".
It's a good idea to sign up for this. If you don't then a hacker can. The hacker will be able to view a scan of your inbound mai and intercept anything that looks desirable.
I know the route of the mail deliverer and if I'm home I will cruise the neighborhood to check their current location.
This is the important part:
Get the packages before the wife sees them !

At any given time, between movies and music, I have at least 50-60 discs waiting to be heard. But I can tell you that it is not because anyone stopped me.
I am not that good. But I usually have about 20 - 30 including concert DVD's I scrounge up. I always thought when I retired I'd have more time to listen to music...and I do, but like today, it actually felt better working outside and enjoying the 2 rabbits, 2 birdfeeders, 2 birdbaths, and my 2 birdbrained dogs watching their 2dumb2Bclassified master making noise on a strange machine.

It actually felt better working outside and enjoying the 2 rabbits, 2 birdfeeders, 2 birdbaths, and my 2 birdbrained dogs watching their 2dumb2Bclassified master making noise on a strange machine.
As long as you weren't with 2 wives.....

Back