SACD, DVD Audio & BluRay Discs I Have Not Heard

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man, I open and listen to everything I buy when I receive it. Maybe that’s just me?
The problem is @GOS 's law. My last shipment from DV contained 6 discs to ensure that I was in compliance with GOS's law. That's twelve albums, so it takes a long time to go through them. I still need to listen to the Helen Reddy stuff all the way through.

The problem is @GOS 's law. My last shipment from DV contained 6 discs to ensure that I was in compliance with GOS's law. That's twelve albums, so it takes a long time to go through them. I still need to listen to the Helen Reddy stuff all the way through.
Unfortunately, I followed GOS’ law with my last D-V order and 2 of the 4 discs had cracked jewel cases. Grrrrr!

I was late to the hobby because my previous house was not logistically favorable for surround. Since I started late (2/12/2010) and much of the stuff was either going out of print or was already out of print, I went into a phase of rapid acquisition. As a result I have piles of music that have yet to be listened to. Of course in order to give it a proper listen one has to be stationary in the sweet spot. So I have the man cave, but it just takes time.

The good news is that what we have now is time. Forty years of hording media is finally paying off! But my pile is still huge.

I was late to the hobby because my previous house was not logistically favorable for surround. Since I started late (2/12/2010) and much of the stuff was either going out of print or was already out of print, I went into a phase of rapid acquisition. As a result I have piles of music that have yet to be listened to. Of course in order to give it a proper listen one has to be stationary in the sweet spot. So I have the man cave, but it just takes time.

The good news is that what we have now is time. Forty years of hording media is finally paying off! But my pile is still huge.
This is probably the only positive form of hoarding
I'm aware of !

Thanks for posting your list. I hope you can hear them in glorious 5.1 soon. Thanks to you, I snagged a copy of Saxon Lion heart in 5.1. I didn't know there was multichannel mix

Hello thanks for your reply I had no idea ethere I just happend to see it on dicogs they often have a lot of surround sound discs on there.

I hear you. Though my situation is different from yours, in 2015 I was facing the proposition of retiring in 2016. As it turned out, I retired in 2017. I used the time between 2015 and 2017 to go on an acquisition spree on Discogs and eBay, buying up single copies of surround discs before at least some of the prices reached crazy levels of being virtually unobtainable. At this point, I could spend all of my waking hours doing nothing but listen to music in surround and it would be months before I would have to play any recording twice. Indeed, a nice problem to have!

Back