SACD ISO playback in Kodi

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The SACD decoder works great on all McH SACD ISO. After enabling SACD ISO support in "my addons"; go into configure and change the last field " Preferable area" to "Multichannel" from "All". This will set the default format whenever you play a file. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a way to toggle between stereo and Mch in the player, but you could let your receiver do the downmix if you want the stereo stream. For me, the only time I'd chose stereo would be if I'm using headphones; plugging them in turns on downmix of course. This decoder is a dream come true as I slowly migrate from Foobar to Kodi (the future I believe).

Iā€™d also like to confirm that this add-on works. After a few false starts, that were purely down to config errors at my end in Kodi and an unpredictable midi interface on my Mac Mini, I have now successfully played back 4.0 and 5.1 iso files through my Marantz SR5009, which is directly connected by HDMI. The Preferable Area filter/view is very useful for streamlining playback too.

It certainly was a very sweet moment as I hit play and heard all the speakers burst into life šŸ˜Š Thanks to @HomerJAU for all the guides and explanations.

Back