SACD of Jethro Tull's "Aqualung" and "Stand Up" from Analogue Productions are now in stock

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Which Aqualung master was used and when? I know the last man with the master tape was for the Adapted Aqualung. Was it used again? I'd be surprised if it was let out after the damage done (tape stretch) during the Steve Hoffman mastering. Steve Hoffman's name was on the master tape used for the Adapted Edition. Tape stretch magically fixed by Warner.
Cheers

Which Aqualung master was used and when? I know the last man with the master tape was for the Adapted Aqualung. Was it used again? I'd be surprised if it was let out after the damage done (tape stretch) during the Steve Hoffman mastering. Steve Hoffman's name was on the master tape used for the Adapted Edition. Tape stretch magically fixed by Warner.
Cheers
The internets say: "Remastered by Chris Bellman from the Original Master Tapes".

I got excited for a moment because the surround version of stand up is the one I wanted but missed. Just noticed this was in the stereo sacd section. darn

Is this version of stand up stereo only?
looks to be
'Hybrid Stereo SACD from Analogue Productions!

Mastered by Kevin Gray from the original U.K. Island analog tape

Gold-selling second album was an early turning point for the band!'

Stereo only! I prefer quad. ;) Is the SACD from work previously prepared when Steve Hoffman mastered Aqualung? Classic Records? Did they work from a digital copy of the master? The master tape was not used for the flat transfer on the previous Blu-ray set. The correct master tape used on the Adapted Edition had to be looked for/found at Warner. The previous release was from an unknown source.
Cheers

Back